CF3's ... Tampa, FL ... by Dinklage?

Emile

Since I got these, I'm considering selling my K-510/K-691 horns.  K-510's are the new MUMPS ones; K-691's have probably less than 20 hours on them. Horns are in walnut veneered boxes. Did not make grilles, but have extra Bob Crites classic black screen I can include :D Sorry; could only upload ONE pic ... seems there is a timeout on the 2MB limit also.

Cheers, Emile

IMG_2212.JPG

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mustangerfourlife said:

Look more like Oak then Walnut

"Outside" is walnut ... last pic is "inside"  Just took 2 quick pics last night ... they were in between Fortes and KG1.5's ... did not feel like taking "sales pics."

3 hours ago, hogwylde09 said:

And.....the price would be?

No clue ... "considering" selling them ... have had 2 members haunting me for the last 6 months. Was just checking to see if there is any interest ... Jeez; already got 7 PM's. Haha ... will probably sell them at my cost + some bottles of wine + shipping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

No clue ... "considering" selling them ... have had 2 members haunting me for the last 6 months. Was just checking to see if there is any interest ... Jeez; already got 7 PM's. Haha ... will probably sell them at my cost + some bottles of wine + shipping. 

I'll be right over.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OK; could not wait any longer. Stole speaker wire from another location.

Only hooked it up with one amp (yes; know bi-amping is preferred ... later). WOW ... LOVE IT! Much better than the Forte I's.  Bass is tight and punchy (and don't really notice that is does not go as deep as the FI's). Mid and highs are very nicely defined. Many people have complained about the horns being too loud ... not for me :) Definitely a keeper (OK; for me that means at least 6 months :D ). Thanks to all for making me get these. :) 

OK; pristine pair of walnut Forte I's for sale ... of course upgraded with titanium diaphragms. Condition 9.9/10. Also have glass tops and bottom rollers. $400 or best offer? 

Cheers, Emile

15 minutes ago, Heaterman said:

Are you thinking about selling your 904 bass bins too or just the 510/691 top hats?

No; this is an extra set of 510/691's I have in a separate stereo room.  Main room has 904/510's and they are my favorite speakers ever. 

Mine too, after I put some ALK CSW crossovers on them.

What are you using for crossovers?

Funny - I’m constantly introduced to speakers I never knew existed while browsing these forums.  I want to try them all but that would be Ridiculous, right?!

just added CF-3 & 4’s to my bucket list.... 😳

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emile said:

Only hooked it up with one amp (yes; know bi-amping is preferred ... later). WOW ... LOVE IT! Much better than the Forte I's.  Bass is tight and punchy (and don't really notice that is does not go as deep as the FI's). Mid and highs are very nicely defined.

Excellent analysis, right on the money.  They are extremely articulate in the mid and bass and not bass heavy despite having dual 10 inch woofers.

I think you'll find they do like power and bi-amping does not add much.

• Thanks 1

Love my newly acquired CF-3 V1s! Not a lot of difference from the 4s. These (Epics) are the first speaker that I have had (or heard, really) that brings out that awesome mid-bass people rave about. I never really liked (boomy) mid-bass until I heard it done properly.

I listened to the 3s in the sweet spot for a few days and then moved them to rear duty in my all Epic 5.1 (soon to be 5.2, using Dayton Audio subs and kits). Killer HT, I'm telling ya...!

Rick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Cody_Mack said:

Love my newly acquired CF-3 V1s! Not a lot of difference from the 4s. These (Epics) are the first speaker that I have had (or heard, really) that brings out that awesome mid-bass people rave about. I never really liked (boomy) mid-bass until I heard it done properly.

I listened to the 3s in the sweet spot for a few days and then moved them to rear duty in my all Epic 5.1 (soon to be 5.2, using Dayton Audio subs and kits). Killer HT, I'm telling ya...!

Rick

5.1 Epic set-up.👍   Pics Please>

• Like 3