Vintage heresies

In your opinion ,around what year is the best sounding heresy ones, and I just bought a pair of 1974 heresies and I have never owned these before, is there anything that is going to need upgraded, because I’ve read where guys have bought these and they sounded dull and then when they replace something inside they sounded bright and clear, so is there anything that I should look for to change on these ,Is there certain parts that wear out overtime from sitting for long periods of time or from playing for long periods of time that need switched out and replacedIs there certain parts that wear out overtime from sitting for long periods of time or from playing for long periods of time that need switched out and replaced

If you already own, or acquire, these, I recommend listening to them as they are for awhile.  As to "best," those opinions are so subjective and varied as to be all but useless.  Some like all H1s best, others prefer H2s or H3s.  As to improving any vintage Heresy, most would replace the original capacitors in the balancing networks with new and modern capacitors.  If you want to start down that rabbit hole, I suggest contacting Bob Crites, @BEC, at https://critesspeakers.com/ for rebuild kits,  The next thing people "upgrade" is the tweeter, but many prefer the original K-77s (EV T-35) to the alternatives.  Bob can help with the tweeter issue too, if you're interested.

OBTW, welcome.

4 hours ago, Frank merchant said:

Thank you for your help

Keep this in mind, too....your upstream equipment is a HUGE factor in how those speakers "sound" to you...along with speaker placement and the room acoustics!  So, first just listen to them for awhile...until you AT LEAST have gotten more used to them...because going to Heritage speakers requires getting used to them...they are horn-loaded...and If you are NOT USED to that horn-loading, then changing components is a big expense to be wasting....besides, Heresy components are inside a relatively-well-sealed cabinet, and may not need anything done at all due to that...no matter how old the speakers are!  Their components just don't tend to deteriorate nearly as quickly as those in unsealed cabinets...and can last an extremely long time!

And speaker placement and acoustics, well let me tell you my little experiment here, they are going in a sprinter van that is soundproof with sound Matting and no windows , they’re going to be powered by a 200 W four ohm 2 channel linear power amp,You’re probably shaking your head in disgust right now

2 hours ago, Frank merchant said:

What does upstream equipment mean

all the equipment involved in getting the signal from the source to the speakers...turntable cartridge, turntable itself

or tape deck

or cd player

Then whatever they are plugged into

then whatever else is in the stream before you get to  the speakers, themselves

The speaker is the final DOWNSTREAM equipment component everything else is upstream equipment except the initial source material at the  very head of the stream!

The listener's ears are the final downstream NON-EQUIPMENT component

Make sense?

3 hours ago, Frank merchant said:

And speaker placement and acoustics, well let me tell you my little experiment here, they are going in a sprinter van that is soundproof with sound Matting and no windows , they’re going to be powered by a 200 W four ohm 2 channel linear power amp,You’re probably shaking your head in disgust right now

Not at all...200 watts at 4 ohms is  not REALLY overkill for the SPEAKERS THEMSELVES, but you will already be TOTALLY DEAF inside that van with just 25wpc at 8 ohms cranked up!

I'm more worried about the Heresys than your ears though!...but YOU should DEAFinately be more worried about your ears! IMHO!

If you are expecting EXTREMELY LOW  bass, it isn't gonna happen with Heresys,  BUT what bass depth the Heresys speaker CAN produce will certainly be EXTREMELY LOUD in that van!

As for Ted Nugent being played thru the Heresys in the van...you may not rattle the van with EXTREMELY LOW DEEP bass, but his lead guitar will split your skull right down the middle at volume. So I doubt you will be looking out the van at ANYTHING when THAT happens...except maybe while you're looking out the window praying for the ambulance to arrive and somebody inside of it to shove your brains back into that split-wide-open skull you'll have!

… o O (but... If I may, introduce the subwoofer component requested previously in another topic)

nevertheless, sell, the Sprinter Van, and buy 5 acres out in the country, and about 600 yard's of speaker cable's, instead of 600 roll's of gauze pad to soak up the after-mess...