R-51PM weirdest sound issue

Hey guys, so I got my R-51PMs, got my Samsung NU8000 and connected the speakers to the TV via digital as expected.

Youtube works great and all, however when I switch to some different app or when I switch the TV off I get this AWFUL CRACKING SOUND, it makes me feel like my speakers are going to explode. Anyone has any idea what the hell is this?

• Moderators

Welcome

I would guess just the noise of it switching, it's just noisy, they probably designed it so it's not a problem playing through the tv speakers. Not thinking it will be amplified into other speakers. Just turn down the sound when switching, see if that stops the nose. Kind of like unplugging a phone or Ipad as an input, your going to get a terrible thump.

And yes if bad enough it can mess up your speakers.

Others may have more ideas

On 5/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, FrostNixon said:

Youtube works great and all, however when I switch to some different app or when I switch the TV off I get this AWFUL CRACKING SOUND, it makes me feel like my speakers are going to explode. Anyone has any idea what the hell is this?

Is the noise brief or continuous?  When I read this yesterday I was under the impression you were saying it was a continuous noise like as if you'd have to shut the speakers off to stop it.  The response above opened up to me the notion of it being just a brief spurt of noise...

I've kind of gotten the impression in these parts that maybe Klipsch doesn't do so well with their electronics (I'm sure it's not so much the case, rather just my limited exposure), but in this case, if it's just a momentary noise, it could be the fault of the TV sending data randomly instead of breaking it off cleanly on a "word".  If a packet of data gets sent with the starting bits but not cleanly ended, the receiving end might not be faulted for doing its best with what comes its way.  However, the receiving end maybe should buffer the data and not process it further until it gets a clean ending signal, but this could produce some (although very slight) delay which would/could be more objectionable as it would be an ongoing thing - not so much a problem unless the sound needs to be synced with a visual.

I guess what I'm getting at is the question "Do you have a different TV (or similar type of source) you can try?" to see whether the problem actually lies with the speaker?

• 1 year later...