Klipsch Cornwall III Indian Rosewood Special Edition pair - $5000

rszoke

8 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

Nice but at the end of the day they're just Cornwalls.

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was missing something.  My Heritage Prices spreadsheet shows the average price at $2113.  That price is probably not valid due to not enough confirmed sales. Anything above $2800 and they don't sell.

I'm one of those that if I saw a pair of Macassar Ebony (sp??) Klipschorns for sale, my wife would have to chain me down....  I'd love a pair of those, even with the Jubilee's laying around.....  I'd simply have to make room for them.

There is a new pair of Cornwall iii on ebay, the australian walnut for $5995 delivered. I have the rosewood but I believe in the pics I have seen the Aussie walnut is something very special. Somebody with deep pockets will pay it....I have no doubt.

I was listening to a Diana Krall cd on my CWs earlier today. Her voice is like from the heavens. And those CWs are just amazing!

37 minutes ago, Schu said:

5995 delivered is about 10% MORE than I paid for my Queensland LSii's... delivered.

I didn't say it was a bargain. Supply and demand rule every commodity, be it crude oil, milk, pork bellies, or high end loudspeakers. I recently purchased my pair of rosewood CWs delivered for about the same price Crutchfield sells one unit. 

But somebody will eventually pay the 6k for the aussie walnut specials. One: they are drop dead gorgeous and sound lush. Two: for a guy with deep pockets $6k is weekend pocket change. If Jay Z decides he wants a pair of gorgeous and stunning Klipsch CWs in his game room, it will happen BAM. They are not even listed on the Klipsch Heritage page, must have been an earlier special run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

They are nice looking ....... However for that kind of money you can get used Jubilees.

Although not as good looking, the Jubilees will sound so much better (the difference is not even close). 

Just my thought ....

How often do you see used Jubes for sale?

Take a look at the aussie walnut CW pics......That's some beautiful cabs and wood veneer :) I cannot recall ever seeing a more visually appealing home loudspeaker. When you get beyond "big black boxes" in your living room or home.

There is always a balance between sound reproduction quality, budget, and aesthetics.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-III-70th-Anniversary-Edition-Pair-Australian-Walnut/113595302691?hash=item1a72cec323:g:CGIAAOSwT5tcSiL5

1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

How often do you see used Jubes for sale?

I believe Michael Colter has a pair of pristine factory built Jubs for sale (if they are not already gone).

I have a pair of non-factory built bass bins (Jubilee style) with K-402 Horns. 

So they do come up on the market occasionally (people do move or downsize etc). 

• 2 weeks later...