HD Theater SB3 subwoofer quieter than expected

vcashmo

I recently purchased the aforementioned soundbar+subwoofer combo used off of Craigslist and it seems to be working excellently apart from somewhat low subwoofer volume. The included sub pairs wirelessly and I can hear the bass and feel the speaker cone move so I know its working. However, for a 10" sub it is very subtle, especially considering most of the reviews for this speaker mention great bass. I have the physical dial on the subwoofer cranked absolutely to the max (noticeable difference as I increase it from min to max) and I'd still say its subtle.

The only other sign of trouble is when I first turn on my tv and the speaker system turns on from sleep mode, the sub emits a strange groaning noise for less than a second and then begins working, no more strange noises after that. Is this anything that can be easily diagnosed/fixed?

I fear that it may be difficult to find a replacement subwoofer since the system is old now and there is no option to wire it or use a standard connection such as bluetooth. Could I swap in any Klipsch soundbar sub and have it work as long as its in wireless range?

• 7 months later...

I have the exact same problem with the same model. Did you find a solution to this problem??  I was told a new subwoofer cannot be paired with the sound bar as it was done in the factory and is not as simple as pairing a bluetooth device.