Warning: Beware of Offers to Sell by PM

Chad

Just approached by a scammer on this forum:

New member "Samson269" sent me the following message:

"Well if u are still interested in getting Xilica processorXilica processor I have a friend who can help u with that. Not sure if it’s still available but you can try. Here’s his mail michealbenson656@yahoo.comWell if u are still interested in getting  I have a friend who can help u with that. Not sure if it’s still available but you can try. Here’s his mail michealbenson656@yahoo.com"

A quick Google search on the email address comes up with lots of scammer complaints

• Thanks 3

I have posted here in the Garage i am looking for a single KP-301. Someone sent me a message in here on Friday Samson269 that they have a friend in Texas that maybe able to help. I emailed the the address provided and the guy said he has a few a pair and was willing to part with one. I felt this to be odd. Says he takes payment via cashapp and zelle. Definitely thought it was fishy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:53 AM, tromprof said:

Just approached by a scammer on this forum:

New member "Samson269" sent me the following message:

"Well if u are still interested in getting Xilica processorXilica processor I have a friend who can help u with that. Not sure if it’s still available but you can try. Here’s his mail michealbenson656@yahoo.comWell if u are still interested in getting  I have a friend who can help u with that. Not sure if it’s still available but you can try. Here’s his mail michealbenson656@yahoo.com"

A quick Google search on the email address comes up with lots of scammer complaints

I received the message from the same person who provided me the same email  address

Beware of anyone calling, contacting on any forum, email, etc wanting money for anything. I only pay those that I contact or buy on Ebay, etc and even then you may get scammed. Recently happened to me on Ebay for $15. Item never shipped from China. When Ebay or Paypal contacted they said wait a number of days. When the days expired then they said too late. The seller posted on Ebay shipped without a tracking number with a long due date for delivery. Lucky for me only $15. 

1 minute ago, henry4841 said:

Beware of anyone calling, contacting on any forum, email, etc wanting money for anything. I only pay those that I contact or buy on Ebay, etc and even then you may get scammed. Recently happened to me on Ebay for $15. Item never shipped from China. When Ebay or Paypal contacted they said wait a number of days. When the days expired then they said too late. The seller posted on Ebay shipped without a tracking number with a long due date for delivery. Lucky for me only $15. 

I sell on and off EBay and have not had trouble until now. I am going to change how I deal with people under 100 posts though. For some reason china gets a pass on things from EBay that would get me kicked off in a heart beat. If it is not physically in the USA and says made in china I never buy.

• Moderators
On 12/27/2020 at 9:41 PM, dwilawyer said:

Reposted this to make it more about the method of the scam. This will continue, not just here, but all Forums. 

You want to be vary, vary wary of any transaction where they insist on Western Union, or cards you purchase, etc. This isn't individuals in the USA typically, these are international fraud rings based all over the world. Law Enforcement cannot help you if you fall victim typically because payment is by cash equivalent.  

This scam continues to thrive. IF YOU RECEIVE A PM with a message that someone else has an item and contact them at an email address, odds are it's a scam and be on the highest alert. Be especially aware of Members with little or no posting history.

If you post a WTB or WANTED type post in Garage Sale for an item worth a good amount, be prepared to receive a PM from someone saying they know someone with that item for sale with an email address. They may even say they have it directly. They will have few or even zero posts in their profile. 

IF YOU RECEIVE A PM YOU SUSPECT IS A SCAM, FLAG IT. IT GOES TO ALL MODERATORS AND WE WILL BAN THAT PERSON AS A SPAMMER IF IT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE LEGITIMATE

This was from December, I don't know how it could be any simpler.

If you get a PM from someone who says that he knows a guy who has what you want,.flag the PM.

I have 25 flags is the last 6 weeks, all scams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2021 at 7:48 PM, Jvitti1970 said:

I have posted here in the Garage i am looking for a single KP-301. Someone sent me a message in here on Friday Samson269 that they have a friend in Texas that maybe able to help. I emailed the the address provided and the guy said he has a few a pair and was willing to part with one. I felt this to be odd. Says he takes payment via cashapp and zelle. Definitely thought it was fishy

post the email , next time -------so we can see how they communicate ----

• Moderators
On 12/28/2020 at 7:25 PM, dwilawyer said:

LOL, no not you. 

We had it happen again just today, another SCAMMER waiting for someone to list something.

@pmsummer this is a topic in a different thread, but do you still have that schematic and parts list for that PWK box for a Center channel from a stereo amp?

16 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

@pmsummer this is a topic in a different thread, but do you still have that schematic and parts list for that PWK box for a Center channel from a stereo amp?

Somewhere (I never throw ANYTHING away... according to Mrs. Summer). Let me look a bit.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Micklipsch said:

Heads up mods, @Jason31 is a fresh scammer. Just IM’d me with the typical MO message, replete with the scammer calling card word, “kindly.” 

These idiots never learn. 

Thank you for reporting, they have been banned which should prevent any PM capability. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Micklipsch said:

Heads up mods, @Jason31 is a fresh scammer. Just IM’d me with the typical MO message, replete with the scammer calling card word, “kindly.” 

These idiots never learn. 

they register new  klipsch accounts  , all over and over ,   the moment they are discovered