Warning: Beware of Offers to Sell by PM

Chad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wasn’t via “Garage Sale” per this forum. 
But instead was contacted by a member that has attended many Pilgrimage. And most likely a member of this Forum.

Scammed for $300.00. My own fault for sending funds via PayPal F&F. 
This person knew I wanted the CF4 horn drivers won as a Pilgrimage door prize a few years back. Contacted me on Messenger. Money sent then plainly ignored. 
I won’t mention names unless the great people I’ve met in Hope and GP need this information.

Oh well, screw it. Name is shown in the photos. 

A611CEB6-4DD2-49BF-A51E-CCC35EA09453.jpeg

6405E412-95DD-4705-83F8-BC6CD300FDD0.jpeg

Edited by hogwylde09
Picture edited

2 hours ago, hogwylde09 said:

Let me understand this more clearly , you paid by PayPal F&F    bur you think you have no right to  a refund  -

read this - :

PayPal does not offer refunds for payments sent using the Friends and Family functionality. ... According to PayPal's Terms of Use, users should report the fraud case up to 180 days after the questionable transaction took place. Doing this could give you grounds for a refund, even in case of Friends and Family transfers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogwylde09 said:

Wasn’t via “Garage Sale” per this forum. 
But instead was contacted by a member that has attended many Pilgrimage. And most likely a member of this Forum.

This person knew I wanted the CF4 horn drivers won as a Pilgrimage door prize a few years back. Contacted me on Messenger. Money sent then plainly ignored. 
I won’t mention names unless the great people I’ve met in Hope and GP need this information.

Oh well, screw it. Name is shown in the photos. 

A611CEB6-4DD2-49BF-A51E-CCC35EA09453.jpeg

6405E412-95DD-4705-83F8-BC6CD300FDD0.jpeg

Jimmy, sending you a PM

9 hours ago, geoff. said:

A little bit off topic...

Is there a thread on this forum that has a running list of all the scams members have encountered?

I have just elected to “follow” this one, but is there a dedicated thread?

Thanks,

Just this one from what I've seen. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hogwylde09 said:

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'm sure you well know now that sending funds F&F through Paypal is never appropriate unless they are friends or family.

I really don't see what the big deal is with Paypal fees especially with smaller transactions like this; how much did you hope to save, $10? Seems like cheap insurance to me.

Not trying to rag on you or pour salt in your wounds here just pointing out that the reason for fees (atleast part of the reason and a little justification for them) is for buyer protection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Does the bridge connect with the waterfront property?  I'm looking for privacy.  A draw bridge and a moat is what I'm really looking for.  Crocks, gators and pirana would be a plus.   :)

Please read the post sir..... I said "Future Waterfront Property".... The bridge is a seperate deal.

PM me for details, or just send $1,250,000 via PayPal F&F.  You can trust me, I've been a member on the Klipsch forum for quite some time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1