well the klipsch bug bite me hard ,so i did it

Fattner

15 hours ago, Fattner said:

has anyone heard or used these ??

I cannot comment on those particular wires (and refuse to comment on any discussion of speaker wire do's and don'ts) but I can say that I have used banana plugs from that supplier many times and the quality is good. I would not be scared of them. 

aasw.thumb.JPG.4d5ba837f59a48e8fcdb4d3daa92bab3.JPG

41 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I cannot comment on those particular wires (and refuse to comment on any discussion of speaker wire do's and don'ts) but I can say that I have used banana plugs from that supplier many times and the quality is good. I would not be scared of them. 

thankyou 

17 hours ago, Islander said:

Knukonceptz Karma SS

Tried some of these wires ... they "look" nice, but not sure I can recommend them :(  When you strip them, there is only a minuscule amount of copper (?) wound around a central plasctic tube - see pic; think this was 14 gauge :(  When inserting it in a terminal it gets bunched up, etc.  Prefer the solid, multiple strand wire from Monoprice :D  Just my 2 cents.

IMG_2223.JPG

54 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

No problem John, it's all good and my mind is always open.  For learning to occur a person always needs to be ready to drop old information from their thinking and put new information in its place.

I need your help in expounding on the point I think you are making.  I read the Klipsch LS brochure you linked to, which you quoted above.  The LS uses this newer " AudioQuest Type 4 with Star-Quad Geometry internal wiring featuring carbon-loaded insulation, nitrogeninjected PE and solid long-grain copper conductors." the way they used to use Monster Cables back in the day for internal wiring on flagship models.

https://www.audioquest.com/cables/speaker-cables/star-quad-series/type-4

I'm not sure how this makes OFC "old fashioned wiring."  Are you recommending or suggesting Audioquest Type 4 etc wiring is now recommended (suggested, etc) for speaker wire for highly resolving systems? 

Do you use this, or heard it in use?  Your opinion counts more to me than all the reviews on the company website, put together (of which there were no reviews).

Not challenging, curious with mind wide open.  B)

Thanks for you viewpoint!

I'm used to being chided for this particular opinion!

And what is the difference in this and the salesmen that besmirched Klipsch Horn Loaded speakers back in the 70s at their showrooms?

Yes I can and am emphatically recommending AudioQuest cabling to the point that you can justify. The Type 4 was astonishing to me, so much that if you check my signature you'll see I gave them a lot more $. It's on the low end of their cables offered. And they are not a fly-by-night or a new company. But the bottom line is the x vs y difference in what I had then and the revelation that when I replaced the H2s, the Yamaha RX1100 (no u or any other notation) and the old tt I could make that even sound it's best. The Type-8 is even better, or is that me running the woofers from B and the horns from A ? Then they have their fancy wiring.

Can't seem to get to their archived info on the Type 8, have a pdf not sure if I can copy/paste all that.

It made the bass sound more rich, the definition & separation of instruments better and the background dead quiet. The vocals and high end even more lifelike. Had no idea at the time what the "background" was as it pertains to listening to music. Best I can describe is listening to an LP that is brand spanking new having been zapped with the zerostat and debris removed from it to the old copy that's been played literally 500 times. The music just blooms or explodes into the room more easily, the nuances and crescendos are better. Not into the flowery stereo review lingo, so that's as hallmark as I can get.

Then to go full circle, it all depends on what you hear, if you can discern the difference, how much of a difference, and is it worth it?

My friend @Westcoastdrums could possibly add to this, he has heard music through them before.

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

thankyou 

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

It made the bass sound more rich, the definition & separation of instruments better...snip!

Was this ^^^ the cut and paste, or is this ^^^ your opinion that you just typed out, John?

As I said, I have quite a bit of respect for your opinion and if this is your impression I believe you.  I don't think you're given to hyperbole or confirmation bias.  If there was no difference, I believe you would be able to tell.

I also know there are all kinds of opinions on cables and its effect on speaker sound.  I am in the camp that everything makes a difference.  It all comes down to "how much" is a person willing to spend, for "how much" improvement?

Every person should let their wallet (or in my case curiosity) be their guide. 

• Like 1

The above is one of the reasons I respect you.   Touché!

That's the best I can describe my experience upon first unfurling my new cables out of the box and snickering at the arrows for the direction of the current!

I quit the snickering, but the smile is still on my face listening to both systems with this wiring.

I went overboard but don't regret it, did it in spurts over a couple of years.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks for you viewpoint!

I'm used to being chided for this particular opinion!

And what is the difference in this and the salesmen that besmirched Klipsch Horn Loaded speakers back in the 70s at their showrooms?

Yes I can and am emphatically recommending AudioQuest cabling to the point that you can justify. The Type 4 was astonishing to me, so much that if you check my signature you'll see I gave them a lot more $. It's on the low end of their cables offered. And they are not a fly-by-night or a new company. But the bottom line is the x vs y difference in what I had then and the revelation that when I replaced the H2s, the Yamaha RX1100 (no u or any other notation) and the old tt I could make that even sound it's best. The Type-8 is even better, or is that me running the woofers from B and the horns from A ? Then they have their fancy wiring.

Can't seem to get to their archived info on the Type 8, have a pdf not sure if I can copy/paste all that.

It made the bass sound more rich, the definition & separation of instruments better and the background dead quiet. The vocals and high end even more lifelike. Had no idea at the time what the "background" was as it pertains to listening to music. Best I can describe is listening to an LP that is brand spanking new having been zapped with the zerostat and debris removed from it to the old copy that's been played literally 500 times. The music just blooms or explodes into the room more easily, the nuances and crescendos are better. Not into the flowery stereo review lingo, so that's as hallmark as I can get.

Then to go full circle, it all depends on what you hear, if you can discern the difference, how much of a difference, and is it worth it?

My friend @Westcoastdrums could possibly add to this, he has heard music through them before.

John, You know my thoughts on the Audioquest type 8 and type 4 cables.   I won't argue endlessly that these cables are superior and everyone will hear a difference and love them (especially with cable naysayers). Try them yourself risk free from Audio Advisor and I have a feeling many will be quite surprised.   I am using type 4 on 396s currently and haven't had an itch to change it.   I wanted a bit thinner gauge cable to try to brighten up the top end a bit at lower volumes.   Really wish I could biamp these speakers.   These speakers IMO for home use truly cry out for biamping.  Perhaps I will attempt to convert them to such some time down the line.   Anyhow, back to the cables, give them a try.   What do you have to lose? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Tried some of these wires ... they "look" nice, but not sure I can recommend them :(  When you strip them, there is only a minuscule amount of copper (?) wound around a central plasctic tube - see pic; think this was 14 gauge :(  When inserting it in a terminal it gets bunched up, etc.  Prefer the solid, multiple strand wire from Monoprice :D  Just my 2 cents.

IMG_2223.JPG

I don’t know what that stuff is, but it’s definitely not Karma Kable.  It even looks like two different kinds of wire, the twisted pair blue and black on the right, and the black and black side-by-side on the left.  I’ve bought Karma Kable a couple of times, in two sizes, 10 AWG and 8 AWG, and in both cases, it’s very fine-stranded tinned copper, with no plastic tube in the middle.  Both sizes looked exactly like the pictures on the Knukonceptz website.  The 10 gauge has smoke/grey and silver insulation (which is where the SS designation comes from), and the 8 gauge is blue and silver.  Neither size had any black sheathing.

Due to the tiny diameter of the very high number of strands, the wire is very flexible and can be easily cut with a knife, which makes it quite easy to work with.  Tinning the ends is also very easy.  The only issue with the large sizes, particularly the 8 gauge, is that it’s too big for some connectors.  This is not a factor with 14 or 12 gauge.  As well, the prices have not gone up in at least 14 years.  I paid the same price for the 8 gauge ($1.65 a foot) in 2005 as it costs today.  How rare is that?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Islander said:

I don’t know what that stuff is, but it’s definitely not Karma Kable.

100% sure I bought it directly from KnuKonceptz ... no clue :( ... will send them a note to try to figure this stuff out :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Islander said:

looks like two different kinds of wire, the twisted pair blue and black on the right, and the black and black side-by-side on the left.

The twisted pair on the right is the regular cable ... the left piece "looks" different because it has one of their black cover ends on it :D 

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

The twisted pair on the right is the regular cable ... the left piece "looks" different because it has one of their black cover ends on it :D 

I'm sure I'm wrong but it looks like a pic of a coax cable, single solid wire in the middle, conductive sheath on the outside. 

• Haha 1

Just got a response from KnuKonceptz.  "That's a Karma RCA cable that someone has cut the ends off of, it's not speaker wire. That cable is not intended to be used as speaker wire, the conductors are much smaller than is desirable for that application." Jeez; maybe I was displeased with my Forte's because I used a crappy RCA cable??

Darn ... they did not say we'll ship you a free cable :( 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1