well the klipsch bug bite me hard ,so i did it

Fattner

1 minute ago, Khornukopia said:

I hope you did not sell off any equipment or perfectly good speakers

Well ... as you know, I tried to match my Forte's (hooked up with the crap cable) with K-510's.  Never succeeded. Sold the Forte's (and replaced them with CF-3's).  Guess I'll never really know :( 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Emile said:

Just got a response from KnuKonceptz.  "That's a Karma RCA cable that someone has cut the ends off of, it's not speaker wire. That cable is not intended to be used as speaker wire, the conductors are much smaller than is desirable for that application." Jeez; maybe I was displeased with my Forte's because I used a crappy RCA cable??

Darn ... they did not say we'll ship you a free cable :( 

Hope not also...was just laughing, cause I make mistakes similar.

Yes they could should correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Emile said:

Well ... as you know, I tried to match my Forte's (hooked up with the crap cable) with K-510's.  Never succeeded. Sold the Forte's (and replaced them with CF-3's).  Guess I'll never really know :( 

At least you have the Epics...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Just got a response from KnuKonceptz.  "That's a Karma RCA cable that someone has cut the ends off of, it's not speaker wire. That cable is not intended to be used as speaker wire, the conductors are much smaller than is desirable for that application." Jeez; maybe I was displeased with my Forte's because I used a crappy RCA cable??

Darn ... they did not say we'll ship you a free cable :( 

Well, that clears up the confusion.  So you actually used that for your speakers?  When you get some proper speaker cable connected, I’m sure you’ll be newly impressed with your CF-3s.  And the right cable (or Kable) will be much easier to work with.

That wire did look pretty strange.  If they sent you RCA cable when you ordered speaker cable, you’d think they might send the correct stuff to you for free or heavily discounted, but in any case, it’s not that expensive, so I’d just order what you actually need, and make it clear that you don’t want another mixup.  The Karma Kable is all I said it was:  easy to work with, inexpensive, and lets your speakers express themselves with no interference or excess resistance (assuming you ordered at least 14 or 12 gauge).

This forum is a great place.  A lot of info is shared, and we all learn.  Much of what I know about audio systems has been learned here, and I thought I knew quite a bit before I joined.  I was soon to realize that I was practically a beginner, but paying attention pays off.  

• Like 3

,,, is the internal wiring for the La Scala II audio quest  ,like the La Scala 5s ? And if the did ,shouldn't I go with that company's speaker wire ,would it make the difference  with my Mac mc 275 amp?  Thanks to all who has responded ,your very helpful .and 

10 hours ago, Fattner said:

,,, is the internal wiring for the La Scala II audio quest  ,like the La Scala 5s ? And if the did ,shouldn't I go with that company's speaker wire ,would it make the difference  with my Mac mc 275 amp?  Thanks to all who has responded ,your very helpful .and 

Any decent quality of wire should work fine.  Just use the same kind on both speakers.  

When I replaced the short lengths of wire running from the barrier strips (those black plastic connection centres that the speaker cables connect to) to the crossovers in my La Scalas, I just used some “Home Theatre” fine-stranded 12 gauge cable.  It works well and looks cool.  The fine strand cable is more flexible than the types with fewer strands, or just one big strand (a solid conductor), but beyond that, it doesn’t matter much.  Just don’t get the Home Depot wire that soon turns green.  Your local audio shop should have some economical good-quality cable, or even Radio Shack.  Since the lengths are so short, there’s no point in trying to save literally a few pennies.  If the wire costs a buck a foot, who cares, you only need a couple of feet, if you’re referring to the wire I think you’re referring to.  If you mean all the wires from the crossovers to the drivers, it’s still not a lot of wire.

@Fattner

Give audioadvisor a call and see if they still do that trial offer on the type 4. If they do try it, compare directly to that 12 or 14 gauge ofc copper. You might be surprised like I was!

Sorry I looked at the Klipsch site the AL-5 and the II do have different specs, I pulled that link from the 70th Anniversary page here.

Enjoy those LS !

Update on my KnuKonceptz RCA wire. Asked for a replacement ... was told I ordered RCA and nothing they could do.  Still not convinced I ordered RCA cable :(  And ... would have been nice customer service just to send me a replacement, but guess they did not want to spend $5 for "goodwill.".  Oh well; going to buy "other" wire.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Islander said:

Not laughing at you, just at the situation.  We’ve all done something(s) we’re embarrassed or hesitant to admit.

Like buying Bose 901's sight unseen at an auction? [/shame]  [/shame]

I just finished my walk of atonement, selling them on...

• Haha 3

Haha ... one more response from KnuKonceptz ... guess I'm the "bad guy" now :( 

We find your lack of honesty about the situation on the forum disconcerting. I grew up with original Fortes from the 80's and frankly they do not perform on the level of modern loudspeakers, they were engineered before the advent of modern acoustic analysis/design software. 

Regards, Dan     

unquote

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Emile said:

We find your lack of honesty about the situation on the forum disconcerting. I grew up with original Fortes from the 80's and frankly they do not perform on the level of modern loudspeakers, they were engineered before the advent of modern acoustic analysis/design software.      

unquote

Yep.  Forte 1's are old technology which no longer works.  I will take them off your hands at a discounted price, in that case.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Emile said:

Regards, Dan     

unquote

Dang! Rude and cheap...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Emile said:

Fortes from the 80's and frankly they do not perform on the level of modern loudspeakers, they were engineered before the advent of modern acoustic analysis/design software.

Guess all you guys with (early) Khorns should also take notice ... per KnuKonceptz you had better get rid of those "inferior" speakers :D 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 8:19 AM, MookieStl said:

I cannot comment on those particular wires (and refuse to comment on any discussion of speaker wire do's and don'ts) but I can say that I have used banana plugs from that supplier many times and the quality is good. I would not be scared of them. 

aasw.thumb.JPG.4d5ba837f59a48e8fcdb4d3daa92bab3.JPG

thankyou 

• Like 1

Buy some relatively cheap Home Depot speaker wire and run it for a while.  Then get something more upscale and try it for a while.  Then swap back again for a bit, then again for a bit.  Paint us an impressionistic portrait when you've done that.  We'll all benefit from your time and effort.  Thank you ahead of time.

• Like 1