well the klipsch bug bite me hard ,so i did it

Fattner

4 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha ... one more response from KnuKonceptz ... guess I'm the "bad guy" now :( 

We find your lack of honesty about the situation on the forum disconcerting. I grew up with original Fortes from the 80's and frankly they do not perform on the level of modern loudspeakers, they were engineered before the advent of modern acoustic analysis/design software. 

Regards, Dan     

unquote

Well, that’s pretty poor customer service.  The last time I dealt with Knukonceptz, it appeared to be a one-man operation based in a barn on a rural road (I looked for and found it on Google Earth).  The guy seemed pleasant enough, so this response surprises me.

It looks like that company sometimes takes a look at the postings here on the Forum, so they should realize that they have some fans here, plus a neutral or better reputation.  It does not serve them well to mock a customer’s speakers or behave in any other unprofessional manner.

Take a hint, Dan.  Word of mouth is the best and least expensive form of advertising.  A few dollars spent making one customer happy will be repaid by gaining more new customers, while a few dollars saved, added to rudeness, could cost you much more than the price of a length of speaker cable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, glens said:

Buy some relatively cheap Home Depot speaker wire and run it for a while.  Then get something more upscale and try it for a while.  Then swap back again for a bit, then again for a bit.  Paint us an impressionistic portrait when you've done that.  We'll all benefit from your time and effort.  Thank you ahead of time.

ok i might just do that , thankyou 

So this was brought to my attention and would like to set the record straight. Emilie bought a 4 Meter Karma RCA March 9th 2018. What Emile's application has been for the past 14 months, I do not know. The photo surfaced displaying our Karma RCA with the ends removed and the cable stripped and used as speaker wire. That is clearly not the intended use of the cable and would perform poorly as speaker cable.

In Emile's email he stated we must have sent the wrong product, suggesting he purchase 20 feet of 14 gauge or 15 feet of 12 gauge, maybe ( he did not know)... Using his email we tracked the paypal record showing he bought an RCA cable. His photo proves we sent him an RCA cable. Emile received what he ordered, however must not have understood that an RCA cable is made from different cable than speaker wire. Instead of saying just that, he suggested we should replace his cable because it was "not what I intended to order"

I ask you then, with what? What should a business do for a cable purchased 14 months prior? A cable that until just now, was "what the buyer purchased".  Replace the innocent RCA cable he butchered? That's what he bought. Or replace it with some random speaker wire length and gauge he did not purchase because he feels we should?

There is no ambiguity in this case. If we make a mistake, we own it, issue resolved same day on our dime. This was never a matter about cost. If you play the passive aggressive guilt game like Emile did with us, we wont help you. Its not poor service, its integrity.

• Like 2

Sounds good and right to me.  I don't know about the iteration of Fortes you had back in the day, but I feel the current production version sets the standard for modern speaker performance in their price range.  It would behove you to check in to them.