My Tiny Dilemma

JJkizak

I resourced and renamed  and reprogrammed 7 selectable inputs on my AVR Denon X4000. However the remote still has the old names on the buttons. You know I can't remember the --- things without going into the menu and that doesn't help. I can't carve a #6 font on the buttons because I need a magnifying glass to see them. So I do the turn on one button trick and see if that works and if it doesn't I go to the next button and the next and the next and the next. Anyone have any tricky solutions?

JJK

I memorized the button locations on the various remotes. Not all of the buttons, just the primary functions. Most remotes have tactile or shaped buttons. I use those to orient my finger search. Had poor vision all life and this just evolved as the best method for me.

Here is how I solved it for my Marantz SR5012 and Denon AVR-X3500H. I created a Microsoft Word Document the size of the raised back area of the Marantz and Denon Remotes. Listed the Remote Button Labels and what devices I've assigned. Picture added.

1500724304_KlipschForumIMG_1659.thumb.jpg.48790b249c042894f43bf82dc8a0b644.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Anyone have any tricky solutions?

JJK

MY "tricky solution" is that NONE of my equipment has a remote at all...except the TV and the blu-ray player...there WAS a WIRED remote available for my Technics RS-676-AUS cassette deck back in 1975, when I bought it, but I never saw one except in pics and certainly never bought one!  LOL!  Everything else is about as totally analog as it gets...if you want it to do something , just get up off yer arse and make it happen!  LOL!  If you want to sit for a long time without getting up, just put a reel onto the TeacA-2340-R....which is worth about four hours of listening time...just about right for a short sobering slumber!...so that you CAN get back up for something!...most likely another sip of the good stuff!😉

15 hours ago, Buck115 said:

Here is how I solved it for my Marantz SR5012 and Denon AVR-X3500H. I created a Microsoft Word Document the size of the raised back area of the Marantz and Denon Remotes. Listed the Remote Button Labels and what devices I've assigned. Picture added.

1500724304_KlipschForumIMG_1659.thumb.jpg.48790b249c042894f43bf82dc8a0b644.jpg

Bingo! I will do this on the back of my AVR remote.

JJK