RB-75 in Minneapolis

Shaun K

Not sure what the market is like for these now, but you don't see them very often:

Stunning Klipsch Reference RB-75 bookshelf speakers. Excellent condition in beautiful cherry veneer. These are quite rare and highly sought after. They use the same tweeter as the legendary RF-7. $750 cash or will consider trades for a pair of NHT Classic 4 speakers.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/ele/d/shafer-klipsch-reference-bookshelf/6887539158.html

image.thumb.png.1aa4e614ce3023cac6d436fd020a8732.png

image.thumb.png.d4bf9a11e3f75a27384b7413119d1dc6.png

image.thumb.png.dbc07f530fcb37e3d611bbf9b57a4760.png

The market has traditionally been really strong, but for what you can buy RF7's for, unless you just don't have the room, I personally couldn't justify the price, but would make a kick as& pair of studio monitors.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TasDom said:

I'd offer $600.00 max. but that's just me. If someone has really been wanting a pair, the extra $150.00 might be worth it to them.

I'd be hard pressed to let mine go as they are fantastic speakers.

@Cinema_head Make him an offer! :)

They've been on my list for a while, not because I need them, just always wanted a pair if they came up for the right price.  Been through quite a few sets of RB5's and though I know the 5's can't possibly compete with the 75's, they are amazing in their own right, considering the amount I paid, between $120 and $200 a pair and at one time I think I was up to 4 pair, but have taken it down to just one. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TasDom said:

I'd offer $600.00 max, but that's just me. If someone has really been wanting a pair, the extra $150.00 might be worth it to them.

I think they are worth every penny of $750.00.  IMO, they are that good.  Don't come across 32 pounds "bookshelf" speakers every day.

Bill

• Like 3

20 hours ago, willland said:

I think they are worth every penny of $750.00.  IMO, they are that good.  Don't come across 32 pounds "bookshelf" speakers every day.

Bill

Best bookshelves I've ever owned. I was shocked when I first cranked mine up. I have to agree they are worth every bit of 750.00.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 5:52 AM, jjptkd said:

Just get a pair of matching RC-7's big step up IMO with the extra woofer and only a few inches taller 

Actually...does anyone know where I could get matching RC-7's?  Asking for a friend...

On 5/15/2019 at 8:14 AM, TasDom said:

I'd offer $600.00 max, but that's just me. If someone has really been wanting a pair, the extra $150.00 might be worth it to them.

I'd be hard pressed to let mine go as they are fantastic speakers.

@Cinema_head Make him an offer! :)

I am looking for a set of bookshelves or smaller speakers. 

Why are these so good?  I have never heard a pair.  Are they like RF7s? 

31 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I am looking for a set of bookshelves or smaller speakers. 

These use the exact same pro driver and horn as the RF7 do. The RC7 use the exact same driver and horn and woofer but are set up as a 2.5 way so have more useful range and sound even better see if you can find a pair of those. Someone else recently made this recommendation and I could not agree more.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

They just do a lot of things very well.  Unlimited dynamics in my 3500ft3 living room.  Imaging, at least in my room, is as good as any pair of speakers I have ever heard.  Crisp, never harsh detail in the upper midrange and treble.  Really big sound from "bookshelf" speakers.  Stout at 32 pounds each and did I mention the real wood cherry veneer.  Though I never plan on selling my RF-63s, but if I did, the RB-75's would easily fall in their place with my RC-64 in my main HT rig.  

I kind of look at the RB-75s as the Reference version of the Heresy IIIs.

Bill

• Like 1

I've been in contact with the seller. I got a few more detailed pics. There is a few scratches but nothing major. They are pretty clean for the most part. I'm really trying hard not to go get them. Only 75 miles away. I told my wife about these and she blasted me saying I TOLD YOU NOT TO SELL THEM!

• Like 1

R75 - dimension - 20.2" H x 10" W x 11.8" D

RC7- dimension - 26" H x 9.1" W x 26" D

(if positioned vertically)

Positioned on stands the RC7 will look tall and deep but it will sound better than an RB75. I would be looking to build a new cabinet for the components of a pair of RC7 but that's just me.

1 hour ago, Coleman said:

I've been in contact with the seller. I got a few more detailed pics. There is a few scratches but nothing major. They are pretty clean for the most part. I'm really trying hard not to go get them. Only 75 miles away. I told my wife about these and she blasted me saying I TOLD YOU NOT TO SELL THEM!

Only 60 miles away from me, but timing just isn't right for me unless I sell my RF3-II right away :( 

1 hour ago, Coleman said:

I would rather have 75s than RC7s. It's hard enough to find one RC7 but two matching? Good luck!

Yeah, finding even one would be tough.  I also like the front ports on the RB7, while it looks like the RC7 is sealed?  Haven't seen a pic of the rear so I can't be sure.