RB-75 in Minneapolis

Shaun K

Klipsch RC7

RC-7SPECIFICATIONS

BANDWIDTH45Hz-20kHz ± 3dBSENSITIVITY98dB @ 2.83 volts/1 meter NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms compatible

CROSSOVER FREQUENCY500Hz and 1950Hz (Tapered Array)POWER HANDLING200 watts (800 watts peak)

ENCLOSURE TYPE Bass reflex via dual rear-firing ports

DRIVE COMPONENTS Tapered Array system using one 1.75'' (4.4cm) magnetically shielded, ***anium diaphragm compression driver with an 8'' (20.3cm) square 90 ̊x 60 ̊ Tractrix horn and two 8'' (20.3cm) magnetically shielded, Cerametallic cone woofers

WEIGHT44 lbs. (20kg) HEIGHT9.1" (23.1cm)WIDTH26" (66cm)DEPTH13.5" (34.3cm) w/grille, 12'' (30.5cm) w/o grille FINISHBlack Ash, Medium Cherry or Blonde Maple wood veneer

• Like 1

With no experience personally I normally don't have much of an opinion. But Billy (tasdom), willand, and moray just looking at a few names from just this one page. If all 3 of those guys sing praise. Id be shocked if these didn't deliver all the hype and more. But for that much money id have a hard time not getting something Paul had his hands in (the more the better). Ive been completely converted into a pro/heritage zombie. Like a soldier who gets captured and slowly converted 😶 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cinema_head said:

But for that much money id have a hard time not getting something Paul had his hands in

For the most part, I agree. I like the sound of my RB75 a lot better than the Heresy. I still have not taken the time to AB the RB75 against the RB35 to see if they are worth 2 to 3x as much.

1 hour ago, Cinema_head said:

Ive been completely converted into a pro/heritage zombie. Like a soldier who gets captured and slowly converted 😶

I can hear why. Don't stop marching until you have a pair of MCM1900. They are worth the space they take. If there is a WAF problem, hold your ground, she will leave with her stuff and you will have more space for spaekers. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

For the most part, I agree. I like the sound of my RB75 a lot better than the Heresy. I still have not taken the time to AB the RB75 against the RB35 to see if they are worth 2 to 3x as much.

I can hear why. Don't stop marching until you have a pair of MCM1900. They are worth the space they take. If there is a WAF problem, hold your ground, she will leave with her stuff and you will have more space for spaekers. 

Hilarious indeed! The 75s have that 1.75 like the 7s and the 35s driver wise are just a 1" like all the entry level reference (but have wood finish I think?

19 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

m surprised you prefer it to the heresy sound.

I am not a fan of slamming bass. I do like the bass to reach deeper than what the Heresy produces. The best I liked the Heresy was when I paired them with some Cornwall. Those together provided what each needed. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

Hilarious indeed! The 75s have that 1.75 like the 7s and the 35s driver wise are just a 1" like all the entry level reference (but have wood finish I think?

Yes real wood veneer on the RB-75s not RB-35s.

43 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I like the sound of my RB75 a lot better than the Heresy. I still have not taken the time to AB the RB75 against the RB35 to see if they are worth 2 to 3x as much.

I bought my RB-75s before I sold my RB-35s and they are indeed better overall.  At 3 times the going rate in sound quality, probably not, but the rarity, heft, larger horn, 1.75 in compression driver, and real wood veneer, sold me on the 75s.  

Bill

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, willland said:

Yes real wood veneer on the RB-75s not RB-35s.

I bought my RB-75s before I sold my RB-35s and they are indeed better overall.  At 3 times the going rate in sound quality, probably not, but the rarity, heft, larger horn, 1.75 in compression driver, and real wood veneer, sold me on the 75s.  

Bill

Appreciate the follow up sir. So the 35s are just basically an rb-62 with a cone on the woofer? Hmm gotcha.

I cant believe I use to only go with black ash. WTH was wrong with me. Unless theres a long story and the excuse its complicated is at least some where in that story, (or its a pro speaker.) I cant see me ever owning another black colored speaker lol. 

23 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I am not a fan of slamming bass. I do like the bass to reach deeper than what the Heresy produces. The best I liked the Heresy was when I paired them with some Cornwall. Those together provided what each needed. 

I know the stats will say the 75s go way way lower. But reference speaker stats for me at least cant be taken serious at all with inflated #s and measuring being different from how they use to measure and print real actual numbers **With all due respect klipsch** I know its politics and business. I'm over being mad at them for it 👍. Who can stay mad at klipsch....Klipsch! "points at a klipsch speaker with a huge grin"

Joking aside Im not nearly as unimpressed with the bass from those little bad boys as most. Its far from super tight and room pressurizing but in my small experience they can be eq to be somewhat bass heavy (in the frequency's range there set up for of course). Very limited on high volume eqed but id like that challenge 75s vs hersey 1s in bass output. 

19 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

Appreciate the follow up sir. So the 35s are just basically an rb-62 with a cone on the woofer?

I would say more like the Reference III version of the RB-81.

Bill

Ive owned over a dozen different reference models and other than the 7iis none had anything really resembling a large boom of any kind. Half the kick drum is almost cut in half in size (just my opinion). Understandable being 90% of the peps buying those are going to have a sub and klipsch of course knows that. So its a area they can cut and save on cost. Bass drivers every new reference line just get smaller and cheaper. The original rc-64 6.5s as an example were beefy monsters. Twice the size of the  6.5 drivers in the rc-64ii. 

23 minutes ago, Cinema_head said:

I cant see me ever owning another black colored speaker lol. 

Bummer, I have a lead on 3 904's about 30 miles from you for $200.00

Was gonna send you the info but they are black.........oh well, carry on soldier!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cinema_head said:

I probably still have raw driver pics comparisons somewhere in my pics. When you see the 3 or 4 drivers all side by side belonging to the same model different line its wow!

You can literally see the bean counters with a rope style tape measure making notes on how much cheaper this should be and this lol.