KPT-884-SW & KPT-415-LF Cinema Woofers

Tony T

I've become highly surprised with Klipsch Headquarters and their reluctance to correspond with me  regarding the KPT-884-SW & KPT-415-LF's. 

I get tossed back n' forth to different departments that are not sufficiently educated in the basic understanding of SUBWOOFER 101. "Take a ticket" is the only affirmative thing that's happened so far! When asking to speak with a person who has sufficient knowledge, professional Klipsch people are nowhere to be found! This has become most frustrating. I mean hey, how can a person get past that fancy curtain and speak with a down to earth, true knowledge person?

Am I the only person who's ever experienced this? Anyone?

Does Klipsch have actual engineers available by phone (when warranted) nowadays?

When Trey Cannon was available (the early 2000s) it was nice.

I called once in the '80s and was connected with Roy Delgado.  Another time I talked with Gary Gillum.

In the '70s I asked my dealer (an engineer) a question he couldn't answer.  He evidently contacted Klipsch, and I got a letter back from PWK!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, garyrc said:

Does Klipsch have actual engineers available by phone (when warranted) nowadays?

When Trey Cannon was available (the early 2000s) it was nice.

I called once in the '80s and was connected with Roy Delgado.  Another time I talked with Gary Gillum.

In the '70s I asked my dealer (an engineer) a question he couldn't answer.  He evidently contacted Klipsch, and I got a letter back from PWK!

Directly from Da Man hisself! 😉

John  Kuthe...

In response to CECAA850's question;

I recently acquired 1 pair of each woofers although, one of the KPT-415-LF's is absent of the mid & high range speakers atop the woofer cabinet. Those two speakers are identified as a KPT Grand & the second is identified as a KPT-402.

I'm hoping to find out if I am able to substitute another set that will correspond properly with the pre-existing (KPT Grand/KPT-402) set or, eliminate all together and just use the 2 - 4 each 15" woofer cabinets without the upper speakers.

It would be a shame to lose the upper speakers! Especially since I already have one set. I have a bad feeling the Klipsch OEM's are no longer available but, how does one find out these questions if no one at Klipsch seems to know how to correspond? Getting tossed from one department to another is most frustrating and to be honest, at this point I'm not sure the people I need to speak with even exist.

Fellow Klipsch Forum Pals,

After numerous corresponding's within the Klipsch building, this is the frustrated message I recently sent to "prosystemdesign@klipsch.com"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Dear Klipsch Sirs,

The email message below was sent to a Kimberlee White. Will someone please help Kimberlee? She's nowhere near the basic understanding level.

Dear Kimberlee,

Your Turn. Did you read my response? I wrote;

Who do I speak with who actually understands the internal workings of the KPT-884-SW & KPT-415-LF's?

Okay, let's try this another way; 

Perhaps the employee who builds these boxes? Maybe someone who understands the internal crossover networks? Who is (or was) in charge of the building of these boxes? They might be able to help! Someone who might shed light on technical KPT-884-SE and KPT-415-LF questions? A person with a basic understanding of KLIPSCH speaker questions. Not a salesman, not someone on the front line that doesn't come close to understanding professional, cinema, movie theater, "PISS OFF THE NEIGHBORS" woofers?! Been there, done that already and got nowhere.

A simple voice with knowledge behind it would be greatly appreciated!

Is this truly KLIPSCH I am corresponding with? As in, the building where the engineers, fabricators, cross over network designers work? Maybe I am dealing with a store somewhere within the USA other than the people that work in the building that develops, patents, and houses all the knowledge? If this is the case, I am truly sorry for my abruptness. 

Please forgive me but, if I am not clear enough this time (within my explanation I previously stated) I am completely out of options. I am really hoping to speak with a human so as not to type back n forth, and back n forth, and back n forth, and back n forth, and so on. You get the idea.

Thank you, Tony from Utah 

30 minutes ago, Tony T said:

In response to CECAA850's question;

I recently acquired 1 pair of each woofers although, one of the KPT-415-LF's is absent of the mid & high range speakers atop the woofer cabinet. Those two speakers are identified as a KPT Grand & the second is identified as a KPT-402.

I'm hoping to find out if I am able to substitute another set that will correspond properly with the pre-existing (KPT Grand/KPT-402) set or, eliminate all together and just use the 2 - 4 each 15" woofer cabinets without the upper speakers.

It would be a shame to lose the upper speakers! Especially since I already have one set. I have a bad feeling the Klipsch OEM's are no longer available but, how does one find out these questions if no one at Klipsch seems to know how to correspond? Getting tossed from one department to another is most frustrating and to be honest, at this point I'm not sure the people I need to speak with even exist.

If you framed your question as above it's no wonder they're confused.  You state that you acquired one pair of each woofers.  Which woofers?  Are you referring to the drivers or the cabinets with drivers?  Are you looking for the mid and high horns complete with drivers? 

Within the thread (not shown here) it's abundantly clear that I am referring to the full cabinets with Drivers, etc.

Picture if you will, two KPT-415's standing side by side … complete. The only exception is, ONE of the 415's is missing the KPT Grand & KPT-402 on top of the large cabinet which contains the 4 each 15" woofers.

In addition, Klipsch does not refer to the "speakers" on top as mid & high horns. This according to one of the front line individuals I spoke to early on. Obviously another frustration I've experienced. Looks like HORNS to me! Chances are, the next person I speak with will correct me (yet again) regarding proper horns/speakers terminology. Grrrrrr

I'm about to throw the entire subject out the window, and go buy me a Bose Wave machine! Hey, we all know they "fill the room" with unprecedented sound quality … right?

Yes, that is correct. The 415 bass cabinet is used for a variety of overhead speakers/HORNS. I had questions about other horn combinations. I will take your kind advice and speak with MetropolisLakeOutfitters and feel blessed if they can assist.

Thanks for your assistance! 

NEWSFLASH! … Klipsch dealers are now better suited to answer technical questions than the actual manufacturers. Who would have thought?! Silly me for contacting the people to whom design and produce the product. What on earth was I thinking?!

Hard to believe the hassle I experienced attempting to obtain information from what I now consider to be, a merry-go-round operation. Who's in charge of customer relations at Klipsch headquarters anyway?