Shoutout to MookieStl--- Thanks

Cornman

I had been trying to replace some Speakerlab woofers for months when I saw a post by Mookie . He said he had a pair that I could have just for the shipping cost . Received speakers a few days latter. When I asked for his Pay pal account to pay for shipping he said " just made a charitable donation somewhere & we would both be paying it forward .

Now is that cool or what . Kind enough to give the drivers away free but not even recouping shipping blew me away !

THANKS, Mookie

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cornman said:

I had been trying to replace some Speakerlab woofers for months when I saw a post by Mookie . He said he had a pair that I could have just for the shipping cost . Received speakers a few days latter. When I asked for his Pay pal account to pay for shipping he said " just made a charitable donation somewhere & we would both be paying it forward .

Now is that cool or what . Kind enough to give the drivers away free but not even recouping shipping blew me away !

THANKS, Mookie

Doesn't surprise me.  I am a grateful firsthand recipient of his kindness.    

• Thanks 1

IMG-0421.jpg

You only need to see a few smiles like this one to remember why we enjoy this hobby!

Just fun to help each other out when we can.

There are lots of good dudes (and dudettes) out there. Everybody just chooses to talk about the jerks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

IMG-0421.jpg

You only need to see a few smiles like this one to remember why we enjoy this hobby!

Just fun to help each other out when we can.

There are lots of good dudes (and dudettes) out there. Everybody just chooses to talk about the jerks!

Look at those beautiful upper section corners. I was ready to stop the project and Mookie stepped in and saved it.

Yeah, that’s me. Why do we all have gray hair?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll add to the shoutout. I just received 4 W1208r woofers from MookieStl. What an amazing packing job. And they were free for the cost of shipping. And believe me when I say it was a bargain on the shipping....wow! I've packed a lot of gear and this was above and beyond what I would even do with the speakers double boxed (18" inner box and 20" outer box) for 12" woofers. You read correctly... 12" woofers. An unbelievably generous gesture. I plan to install new butyl surrounds and new dustcaps and resurrect these into some projects. I may possibly use a set in Heresies if they sound good in there. May have to use an outboard electronic crossover and triamping to get the proper attenuation on all drivers. The other pair will fix my Speakerlab Sevens. So... I'm certainly gonna recommend MookieStl.

Edited by hatrack1971
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1