Monster Signature Series Amplifiers?

K5SS

I know these things aren’t discussed much and are absolutely insane at anywhere near the MSRP prices but I have a lead on a cheap Monster Signature MPA 5150 5-Channel amp.

The MSRP was $3,500, which again, seems crazy to me but at $500, it looks pretty appealing. At this price, I am sure I could easily get my money back out of it, as long as it’s fully functional.

Thought I would check with you fine folks, before I plop down the cash. Not a fan of the looks but on paper, it should drive my new (to me) Martin Logan speakers.

Any experience or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

73b64ed3b4022f7034d3519de884bfeb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t want to leave this thread hanging, so anyone out there might find this thread that is in the same boat as I was when I made this thread.

Posted this in another thread but here are my initial impressions of this amp:

Well, curiosity got the best of me. I started a thread asking opinions on Monster amplifiers, specifically the MPA 5151, but didn’t get any feedback. There was one local to me that popped up for $550, I offered $450 and they declined but accepted $500.

I read a bunch of reviews online and the only negative comments were from people saying that they hate Monster’s customer service and what seems to be price gouging and at $3,500, who can blame them, right?

The actual audio reviews were all very positive, some comparing them to amplifiers well up the food chain. I can tell you that this 80lb beast is every bit as good as the XPA Emotivas, B&K 200.7 S2 and Proceed HPA3 that I have owned in the past.

This amp really changed my entire system, for the better. I am supper happy I pulled the trigger this morning!

The blue lights? Can’t say I am a huge fan. Luckily, they can be dimmed and more importantly, turned off.

Well worth at least 2x what I paid. I will likely still buy a Monolith amp down the road, as they are also an intriguing product at very reasonable pricing.

7e471557e627270698ea08a0c10c5b30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 5/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, K5SS said:

what seems to be price gouging

That's the only knock on Monster that I'm aware of.  They actually make decent products but are priced multiple times what they're actually worth.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 6:56 PM, CECAA850 said:

That's the only knock on Monster that I'm aware of.  They actually make decent products but are priced multiple times what they're actually worth.

I thought their trademark lawsuits were out of control.  Quite uncalled for at times.  Maybe they have become more accepting. (?)

• Like 1