Emotiva + RP-8000F

hamer

Please , I am close to buy an amplifier for my two RP-8000F speakers, can you help with some comments about the Emotiva Basx A 300 or the Audiosource Amp310VS, which one could be better for those speakers? Thanks

I have the rp 280f speakers with the a-300 amp and the pt-100 preamp and it sounds great! the speakers are about the same. The pre has bass and treble and taking the treble to -1 in my average room made the speakers sound good but a bit flat and lifeless.  Any higher I got fatigue. With the tone controls set flat with the schiit loki eq I think it sounds heavenly, People say klipsch sound great with tubes but I like solid state and with eq it works great with klipsch also. With the pt-100 in front of the a-300 I think is a great match for the money. With the loki you can get rid of the sizzle and keep the magic! Im listening to miss amy winehouse right now and a few mins ago offered her a cup of coffee before I figured out she was not here and that she had passed on. Im sure I sound like a broken record talking about the loki again I try and stop but this little eq is near perfect for me as I want some control but not 32 slides to mess with. I really don't mess with it hardly at all after setting it. Going from the eq being bypassed and active is truly night and day!! This is my last time I will say anything about the loki. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2a3.jpg.9daf537410d70e1b734a6d3695aa5aa8.jpg

• Like 1

I purchased the Emotiva A-150 a few months ago, the little brother to the A-300.  I wanted a simple Class A/B amp and 75WPC is more than enough to drive my Forte II's to ear splitting volumes!  

This calculator is a great tool: https://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

I am not a big believer in electronics needing a break-in period, but he Emotiva did seem to warm up (sound wise) a little after the first month.  (This could be me getting used to the Forte II sound also, which have a clear mid-range) The amp does not run hot even when I am pushing over 95 + db for longer periods.  The above calculator says I will use 8 watts to get 100db at the listening position, a whole 25 watts to get 105db, which is as loud as I want it to go for anything!  

Though there is not much info about the A-300 (and less on the A-150) in terms of reviews, I think you will be happy with the A-300. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1