Klipsch KG 5.5 vs heritage

I came across a listing for the KG 5.5 speakers. I 'd never heard of this model before. I did some research. It appears they were produced between 1994 and 1996. User reviews are quite positive: they seem to have a lot of power (they are very loud), especially in the low frequencies, so you don't need a subwoofer. Some say they are the best speakers they ever had, while others say they are lacking in the midrange frequencies, esp. when compared to the Heritage Line. Agree? Looks like they are the precursor of the Reference line?

Screenshot_2019-05-19 KLIPSCH 5 5 perfecte staat eind jaren 90.png

• Like 1

I really like the 5.5. Very full range with plenty of bass. I have only AB them agains the Heresy. I was wrong in my predidction that the 3 way Heresy would have better highs, but I was right about the bass. There are several threads about the 5.5, here is one. They were built before the Reference, Epic and the Ledgend series too. Not sure what was learned in the KG design that carried through to the later towers. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 6:39 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I really like the 5.5. Very full range with plenty of bass. I have only AB them agains the Heresy. I was wrong in my predidction that the 3 way Heresy would have better highs, but I was right about the bass. There are several threads about the 5.5, here is one. They were built before the Reference, Epic and the Ledgend series too. Not sure what was learned in the KG design that carried through to the later towers. 

just to clarify this,  the KG were built during the same timeframe as the epics... both were produced ~1994-1996. the KLF were introduced afterwards in 96-2001. 

• Like 1