Klipsch KF-20

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is about right on price, if they check out decent enough for you.

It is the KLF series ...legendary.

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

That is about right on price, if they check out decent enough for you.

It is the KLF series ...legendary.

Thank you, so you would recommend these speakers?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

I have a chance to buy the KF- 20s for $500 black finish. Any thoughts? These seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. I've seen some upgrades tweeters and if anyone can give me what specific parts can be upgraded I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!

Excellent speakers.  Don't upgrade anything until you listen to them.  They may be perfect the way they are.

• Like 1

I agree that the KLF20 is a great loudspeaker. You need to first check that all four baffles are sound and not loose. Then you need to replace the stock shiny black poly tweeter diaphragm as it is not up to the task, replace it with a set of Bob Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms. Then you will have a good idea of what a KLF20 can do and really it is time to replace the crossover caps as well because they are old and they were cheap to begin with. Bob can help you there also. Save the double shipping cost and purchase the diaphragms and the crossover caps at the same time or sent your networks to Bob he will rebuild them test them and send them back in short order. Now you can enjoy your new KLF20.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moray james said:

I agree that the KLF20 is a great loudspeaker. You need to first check that all four baffles are sound and not loose. Then you need to replace the stock shiny black poly tweeter diaphragm as it is not up to the task, replace it with a set of Bob Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms. Then you will have a god idea of what a KLF20 can do and really it is time to replace the crossover caps as well because they are old and they were cheap to begin with. Bob can help you there also. Save the double shipping cost and purchase the diaphragms and the crossover caps at the same time or sent your networks to Bob he will rebuild them test them and send them back in short order. Now you can enjoy your new KLF20.

Did you mean check the woofers to make sure they are not loose? Not sure what you meant by baffles sorry lol thanks 

13 minutes ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

Did you mean check the woofers to make sure they are not loose? Not sure what you meant by baffles sorry lol thanks 

Baffles or MOTOR-BOARDS...are what the woofers are attached to...the motor-boards are glued into the cabinet, and due to the glue used at the time they were made, they may need re-gluing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Baffles or MOTOR-BOARDS...are what the woofers are attached to...the motor-boards are glued into the cabinet, and due to the glue used at the time they were made, they may need re-gluing.

Ok great that makes sense thank you and I will def check when I go get them tomorrow.,

Listen before changing anything.  In and of itself, titanium is not necessarily an improvement. 

I have a '67 H700 that needed the capacitors replaced and a '68 H700 that didn't.  I have 2 post 1979 HIPs that also are happily running their original paper and foil in oil caps, so don't just blow money for fashion.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnA said:

Listen before changing anything.  In and of itself, titanium is not necessarily an improvement. 

I have a '67 H700 that needed the capacitors replaced and a '68 H700 that didn't.  I have 2 post 1979 HIPs that also are happily running their original paper and foil in oil caps, so don't just blow money for fashion.

Will do thank you!