Found this old thing just sitting around at the speedway.

Davis

Always is interesting watching the team members move the race cars around in the garage area with so many people not paying attention.

The team members do their best and do a great job of exercising pateince even when they need to hurry.

If you hear a horn blast behind you, heed the warning

IMS3.jpg

I miss the days when Dale Coyne used "seasoned" Chevy smallblocks harvested from school buses, or Mickey Thompson used a Buick 215 aluminum V8 to power #34 driven by Dan Gurney.  OBTW, the 215 Buick is the motor in the car in my avatar.

62mtspecial.jpg

Buick V8.jpg

Love it ... but maybe too many "regulations" now ... remember the 1000+ HP cars? With today's chassis and tires we would be at 300mph :D 

OK; here is a pic of the "jet-engine" car ...  1967?

jun2017_h07_prologue.jpg

5 hours ago, Emile said:

Love it ... but maybe too many "regulations" now ... remember the 1000+ HP cars? With today's chassis and tires we would be at 300mph :D 

OK; here is a pic of the "jet-engine" car ...  1967?

jun2017_h07_prologue.jpg

That car was just a couple laps away from winning in 1967, blew a transmission. It's currently in the Indy museum. If you ever get the chance to go there, a museum visit is a must. I'm amazed at how barbaric most of those old cars are, some didn't even have seatbelts. Those mid 60s roadsters are beautiful machines. Most of them were also raced on dirt tracks.

There is always a turbine car at the SVRA event at the speedway. This year the SVRA is at Indy the first week of August.

11 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I miss the days when Dale Coyne used "seasoned" Chevy smallblocks harvested from school buses, or Mickey Thompson used a Buick 215 aluminum V8 to power #34 driven by Dan Gurney.  OBTW, the 215 Buick is the motor in the car in my avatar.

I have yet to get to see the Harvey Aluminum special in person. It is at the museum but they have so many cars there they rotate them from the basement storage up to the museum and nobody is allowed in the basement. I will see if I can find out the schedule as when it will make its next appearance.

45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Seems to be a way outdated term for what they're doing now.

Traditions die hard at the Brickyard.  I bet it’s been 50 years since a carbureted engine raced at Indy.  According to Wikipedia, the last carbureted car to qualify was in 1963.

Hi Bob, Hi Tom...  Got em all and some signed!  Those two weren't right.....  Chiiiiiick and Kristi the weather girl!!!  hahahahahahah  ahahahaha  ahahahahah

Nice to see the enlistment ceremony too.  IMS has always supported the military even before Ft. Ben.

Mario is Mario.  A good guy!

The CD's?  Shamu?  Inside joke with us.  Now which one's from Cleveland, Bob or Tom?

Thanks for the coverage Davis!  :)

Bob n Tom.jpg