Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ljk

K 510 size w/o flanges

Recommended Posts

Anyone know k 510 measurements without the flanges. W×HxD - Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just sold my extra pair. With flanges 15x9'; hole I cut in a cabinet was 13 1/4 x 7 1/4 inch.  Depth (from memory) about 6 inches.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Emile should we tell the OP not to cut anything until he's got the 510s in hand?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, babadono said:

should we tell the OP not to cut anything until he's got the 510s in hand?

Haha ... maybe we should tell them it's about impossible to get K-510's :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... maybe we should tell them it's about impossible to get K-510's :D 

Understand but still need to know depth, is 5 inches correct? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ljk said:

but still need to know depth, is 5 inches correct? Thanks!

Cannot get to my "other" pair ... kind of "build-in."  Guessing 5-6 inches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emile said:

Cannot get to my "other" pair ... kind of "build-in."  Guessing 5-6 inches.

I seem to remember reading there a 5 inch depth, unless posted different I will go with that. Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You Guys are doing the  OP a disservice. He asked a simple question. I have a current version of the K-510 horn (the one currently sold and having the "mumps"). At the mouth the thickness of the material is 1/4 inch, The outside width is just shy of 15 inches. The outside height is just shy of 9 inches. 

 

The width from the center of the hole to the other hole center is 14 1/4 inches in width (the holes are near the end of the "flare"). The height from the center of the holes is 8 1/4 inches. (vertical holes are about a little over 5/8 inch from the center of the hole to about where the flare ends)

 

The depth (from the face of the mouth to the back of the throat is 5 inches). 

 

I hope this helps. It sounds like you have a project in mind. Please note that the K-510 horn (current version) is quite light. If you had a heavy driver mounted to the throat and the mouth mounted to the baffle, you might damage the face of the horn (the mouth-flange). 

 

Good Luck,

-Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

You Guys are doing the  OP a disservice. He asked a simple question. I have a current version of the K-510 horn (the one currently sold and having the "mumps"). At the mouth the thickness of the material is 1/4 inch, The outside width is just shy of 15 inches. The outside height is just shy of 9 inches. 

 

The width from the center of the hole to the other hole center is 14 1/4 inches in width (the holes are near the end of the "flare"). The height from the center of the holes is 8 1/4 inches. (vertical holes are about a little over 5/8 inch from the center of the hole to about where the flare ends)

 

The depth (from the face of the mouth to the back of the throat is 5 inches). 

 

I hope this helps. It sounds like you have a project in mind. Please note that the K-510 horn (current version) is quite light. If you had a heavy driver mounted to the throat and the mouth mounted to the baffle, you might damage the face of the horn (the mouth-flange). 

 

Good Luck,

-Tom

Dang Tom, I just went to get a tape measure, came back and saw your post. And yes it's 5 inches. Subtracting the thickness of the plastic it's 4.75 inches. And it measures like it would fit into a 13 1/2 by 7 inch cut out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babadono said:

Dang Tom, I just went to get a tape measure, came back and saw your post. And yes it's 5 inches. Subtracting the thickness of the plastic it's 4.75 inches. And it measures like it would fit into a 13 1/2 by 7 inch cut 

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

You Guys are doing the  OP a disservice. He asked a simple question. I have a current version of the K-510 horn (the one currently sold and having the "mumps"). At the mouth the thickness of the material is 1/4 inch, The outside width is just shy of 15 inches. The outside height is just shy of 9 inches. 

 

The width from the center of the hole to the other hole center is 14 1/4 inches in width (the holes are near the end of the "flare"). The height from the center of the holes is 8 1/4 inches. (vertical holes are about a little over 5/8 inch from the center of the hole to about where the flare ends)

 

The depth (from the face of the mouth to the back of the throat is 5 inches). 

 

I hope this helps. It sounds like you have a project in mind. Please note that the K-510 horn (current version) is quite light. If you had a heavy driver mounted to the throat and the mouth mounted to the baffle, you might damage the face of the horn (the mouth-flange). 

 

Good Luck,

-Tom

Thanks Tom your help is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also there's a DWG file you can download off of the Klipsch site that you can take measurements off of with a CAD viewer. One of the downloads for the 904 HF I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you building Lkj? I have a k510 project in progress as well. K510s on top of 2x12 Eminence KappaLite LF drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MenloBob said:

What are you building Lkj? I have a k510 project in progress as well. K510s on top of 2x12 Eminence KappaLite LF drivers.

I am trying to a build a 510 replica for rears because of it's shallow depth, 5.1 system for music. I am hoping with the horn measurements I can use my touch screen laptop and create top and bottom rib/template of the horns curves. I toyed with mdf and   had some luck with making curved panels. I believe it's called a Kell cut, (maybe not) where you want the curve you cut  approx. every 1/4 inch the length of panel going almost all the way thur panel. Once cut the mdf can be easily curved, tried with plywood but had better luck with mdf.

 

If I can pull off making a decent/close 510 horn I will be using a single 12 kappa c to match fronts speakers kappa c 15's. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you mean kerf cut. There’s some ebay horns with a thread on diyaudio that might be better than trying to copy k510s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MenloBob said:

I think you mean kerf cut. There’s some ebay horns with a thread on diyaudio that might be better than trying to copy k510s.

Ok thanks I will check it out. Using zxpc's RCL but there too deep for my rears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 10:40 PM, MenloBob said:

Zxpc is the one I was thinking of. 

My front zxpc are 17 x10 and 11 3/4 deep - long throw. Looked at diy audio reommend zxpc are18 x 10 only 8 inches deep, OP stated Polars are similar to a k 510. I am going to try and build a k 510 this weekend, if it does not work out I am going to try the short throws . Thanks for the help Bob and everyone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to see what you come up with. I'm building my 2x12 bass bins this weekend so hopefully I'll have something to show as well. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 10:20 PM, Ljk said:

My front zxpc are 17 x10 and 11 3/4 deep - long throw. Looked at diy audio reommend zxpc are18 x 10 only 8 inches deep, OP stated Polars are similar to a k 510. I am going to try and build a k 510 this weekend, if it does not work out I am going to try the short throws . Thanks for the help Bob and everyone.

 

 

Do you have a link to this thread? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AHall said:

 

Do you have a link to this thread? 

Do a search for - klipsch k 510 diy audio

Thread is - Smallest Footprint Horn and Driver that can reach 500hz 

 

Let me know if you find it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...