KLF-20 Amplifier

Why get rid of the luxman? They are special and sound great, imo. I'm running a r117 on RF7i's and love it! 

I also have a 115 which gets occasionally rotated into use with a pair of KLF-30s. Again a very pleasant sound that can really wake them up! 

• Like 4

That R-115 punches way above it's rated "70w/ch".  Unless you want some modern conveniences of the Yamaha A-S501, then why part with the Luxman?  I am by no means knocking the Yamaha A-S501 which seems to be pretty nice, built well, and has an onboard DAC.

Another option if you just want more power, just add an outboard amp of say 125w/ch and use the R-115 as a preamp.

Bill

• Like 1

Concur ... bet you the Luxman has more WPC than the Yamaha :D  If you want more power, take a look at the Marantz 23** series or theYamaha CR-2*** ones.  But they are way, way over $300 :( 

• Like 1

I don't know the Luxman (or the Yamaha), but maybe Phil(?) wants something with a DAC or the Luxman is getting tired and a refresh is more than he wants to spend, or something, anything.  He didn't expound on the "why" of it; just wanted to know about the suitability of the Yamaha?

2 hours ago, glens said:

I don't know the Luxman (or the Yamaha), but maybe Phil(?) wants something with a DAC or the Luxman is getting tired and a refresh is more than he wants to spend, or something, anything.  He didn't expound on the "why" of it; just wanted to know about the suitability of the Yamaha?

I wanted something a bit more modern with a sub output 

5 hours ago, willland said:

That R-115 punches way above it's rated "70w/ch".  Unless you want some modern conveniences of the Yamaha A-S501, then why part with the Luxman?  I am by no means knocking the Yamaha A-S501 which seems to be pretty nice, built well, and has an onboard DAC.

Another option if you just want more power, just add an outboard amp of say 125w/ch and use the R-115 as a preamp.

Bill

Yes I wanted the more modern sub outputs and such on the Yamaha, my Luxman is mint and selling cheap lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mojomc said:

Why get rid of the luxman? They are special and sound great, imo. I'm running a r117 on RF7i's and love it! 

I also have a 115 which gets occasionally rotated into use with a pair of KLF-30s. Again a very pleasant sound that can really wake them up! 

Looking for more modern things like a sub out and able to use banana plugs, I’m selling it cheap LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, willland said:

Bill

Not more power really, just banana plugs and sub out I’d like to have 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

They seem to be really nice, I’ve done a lot of research, need to sell this Luxman first LOL

16 minutes ago, willland said:

Gotcha.  Those Yamaha integrated amps are very well received.

Bill

Bill, can I connect my powered sub to the B channel and run A and B? 

14 minutes ago, willland said:

Gotcha.  Those Yamaha integrated amps are very well received.

Bill

11 minutes ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

They seem to be really nice, I’ve done a lot of research, need to sell this Luxman first LOL

Have you considered this Yamaha network stereo receiver?

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrn803bl/yamaha-r-n803-2-ch-x-100-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

I have more than once almost pulled the trigger.  Feature packed, well built, built in Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, subwoofer out, good quality DAC, priced right, you name it.

Bill

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willland said:

Have you considered this Yamaha network stereo receiver?

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamrn803bl/yamaha-r-n803-2-ch-x-100-watts-networking-stereo-receiver/1.html

I have more than once almost pulled the trigger.  Feature packed, well built, built in Spotify, Pandora, Tidal, subwoofer out, good quality DAC, priced right, you name it.

Bill

That does look nice I’ll check it out thanks!