Home theater Klipsch wired + wireless possible?

ayzenbergm

Hi guys,

I just purchased a Klipsch home theater system and I am hoping to also connect speakers in other rooms to the system as a separate zone setup for wireless.  

My question is: can I use wired klipsch speakers and make them wireless somehow without losing much audio quality?

The background:

I purchased a Klipsch reference bundle, but ended up getting the reference premier set as well.  Now I will be selling the reference subwoofer and center speaker and the yamaha receiver that came with the reference bundle, but keeping everything else.  Here is my hopeful plan if you guys can help it come to fruition:

Home theater setup:

Onky RZ830 (although I may swap this out for something else (suggestions?) because onkyo support told me my speakers are too powerful for it.

Klipsch 8060FA floor standing pair
Klipsch 504C center
Klipsch RP500M rears
Klipsch SPL120 sub
-----
Extra speakers I was hoping to make wireless:

Klipsch 625FA floorstanding pair -- was hoping to put these in the bedroom for music
Klipsch R-41 bookshelf speakers -- hoping to put these in another bedroom for music.
Klipsch 52c center -- thinking about putting this one in the bathroom for music.

Do you guys know if it's possible to make these all wireless?  I also would love to make the rears for the home theater wireless as well because otherwise I have to somehow find a way to stretch wires all along the walls of my living room without it looking too obvious. 

Also, anyone have recommendations as far as speaker stands for the rears or a pad for the subwoofer to help minimize vibration to my downstairs neighbors?

I really appreciate the help!

@ayzenbergm(i3eezenotch),

Welcome to the forum.

I saw your post on Audiogon and was going to reply and suggest you take the questions over to the Klipsch Forum.  No need to  tell you now.

Someone will come along soon and answer your question about wireless.

As far as the Onkyo RZ830, I am sure it will be a fine AVR to do the job.

Bill(

1 hour ago, willland said:

@ayzenbergm(i3eezenotch),

Welcome to the forum.

I saw your post on Audiogon and was going to reply and suggest you take the questions over to the Klipsch Forum.  No need to  tell you now.

Someone will come along soon and answer your question about wireless.

As far as the Onkyo RZ830, I am sure it will be a fine AVR to do the job.

Bill(

Thanks so much. Yeah someone gave me the suggestion there to come here. I forgot Klipsch had forums. I haven’t had a Klipsch or HT system since I had the quintet for my computer years ago. I’d appreciate any help!

Rocketfish wireless adapter.

Watch video for further elaboration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHaafTJJL78

Never used myself, but heard audio quality suffers. How much, I couldn't tell you. Be sure to do extensive research before buying such products. But the only reason you would want this is to hide the wires right? Is it possible for you to run wire channels across your roof or maybe down by the lower parts where wall meets floor? Wires are still the best way to get the best sound quality. You really should explore all possibilities before choosing something like rocketfish. Wires for rears are usually long and thus require smaller awg sizes (Yes, smaller awg means larger in actual circumference).  

Eeeehm, the guys over at Onkyo obviously don't know what they're talking about... Kinda weird since they make such great sounding receivers. Anyways, the RZ830 will go great with your klipsch speakers. Never gotten better sound quality with another brand (Pure direct on). HDMI ports are a bit dodgy from time to time though... I would on the other hand recommend not going through with the AccuEQ room correction software. I did it with my NR686 and got fried tweeters in return... Thx Onkyo! But before that, the NR686 sounded awesome with my klipsch speakers (Pure direct on).   

Since you're selling some of the speakers you bought, might it be an idea to just buy a second receiver or amp? Hopefully from the same brand as well so you make a house system. The NR686 is a really good "bang for buck" avr. 

As for speaker stands, I myself am a big supporter of iron stands rather than glass or wood. The stand should definitely be able to get filled with sand and since you apparently don't like to show wires much, a stand that can run wire through it would be good as well. The stands top plate should be as close to the size of your speakers bottom plate. I know that can be a hard thing to find when your speakers are from klipsch. 

Auralex acoustics is the maker of the Subdude HT and thats a great and fairly common subwoofer isolation pad. Im sure there are more brands that make such products like this out there, but I myself have never had any use for it so I wouldn't know. Looking at some of the larger subwoofers from klipsch, svs and rythmik, you might need two of these pads lol. These kinds of pads should help minimize the vibrations your neighbors experience, however you must understand that vibrations is power in the same way that sound and warmth is power. And by adding a pad, you may be minimizing the vibrations, but the sound will get louder for them. So you're not minimizing the power, but only redirecting it. If your neighbors are experiencing literal vibrations, you might wan't to just turn the gain down a bit.  

8 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

Rocketfish wireless adapter.

Watch video for further elaboration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHaafTJJL78

Never used myself, but heard audio quality suffers. How much, I couldn't tell you. Be sure to do extensive research before buying such products. But the only reason you would want this is to hide the wires right? Is it possible for you to run wire channels across your roof or maybe down by the lower parts where wall meets floor? Wires are still the best way to get the best sound quality. You really should explore all possibilities before choosing something like rocketfish. Wires for rears are usually long and thus require smaller awg sizes (Yes, smaller awg means larger in actual circumference).  

Eeeehm, the guys over at Onkyo obviously don't know what they're talking about... Kinda weird since they make such great sounding receivers. Anyways, the RZ830 will go great with your klipsch speakers. Never gotten better sound quality with another brand (Pure direct on). HDMI ports are a bit dodgy from time to time though... I would on the other hand recommend not going through with the AccuEQ room correction software. I did it with my NR686 and got fried tweeters in return... Thx Onkyo! But before that, the NR686 sounded awesome with my klipsch speakers (Pure direct on).   

Since you're selling some of the speakers you bought, might it be an idea to just buy a second receiver or amp? Hopefully from the same brand as well so you make a house system. The NR686 is a really good "bang for buck" avr. 

As for speaker stands, I myself am a big supporter of iron stands rather than glass or wood. The stand should definitely be able to get filled with sand and since you apparently don't like to show wires much, a stand that can run wire through it would be good as well. The stands top plate should be as close to the size of your speakers bottom plate. I know that can be a hard thing to find when your speakers are from klipsch. 

Auralex acoustics is the maker of the Subdude HT and thats a great and fairly common subwoofer isolation pad. Im sure there are more brands that make such products like this out there, but I myself have never had any use for it so I wouldn't know. Looking at some of the larger subwoofers from klipsch, svs and rythmik, you might need two of these pads lol. These kinds of pads should help minimize the vibrations your neighbors experience, however you must understand that vibrations is power in the same way that sound and warmth is power. And by adding a pad, you may be minimizing the vibrations, but the sound will get louder for them. So you're not minimizing the power, but only redirecting it. If your neighbors are experiencing literal vibrations, you might wan't to just turn the gain down a bit.  

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for the detailed reply. I should clarify my needs:

1) Forget wireless rears, I will run wires, it's not that bad.
2) My goal is to connect my home theater in the living room with speakers in 2 bedrooms and one bathroom so I can play music throughout the house. Ideally, controlling volume separately would be great. I don't need these things to be completely wireless. I realize there are systems like Sonos out there that let you connect a house full of speakers, but I was hoping to use the Klipsch I have. So my real question is -- what is the most cost effective way of connecting my living room receiver to speakers in 2 other rooms? I know Onkyo RZ 830 has wireless features, which is why I asked about that, but I realize I need to have something that receives the wireless input. Also, I'm not sure if the Onkyo can control 3 separate rooms at once. My goal is to be able to play music through my Onkyo receiver and hear it throughout the house simultaneously without having to send wires through all the walls into the rooms. Is that doable within reason?

It's a condo, so a bit more difficult to run wires through the ceilings as there is concrete in a lot of places.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, ayzenbergm said:

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for the detailed reply. I should clarify my needs:

1) Forget wireless rears, I will run wires, it's not that bad.
2) My goal is to connect my home theater in the living room with speakers in 2 bedrooms and one bathroom so I can play music throughout the house. Ideally, controlling volume separately would be great. I don't need these things to be completely wireless. I realize there are systems like Sonos out there that let you connect a house full of speakers, but I was hoping to use the Klipsch I have. So my real question is -- what is the most cost effective way of connecting my living room receiver to speakers in 2 other rooms? I know Onkyo RZ 830 has wireless features, which is why I asked about that, but I realize I need to have something that receives the wireless input. Also, I'm not sure if the Onkyo can control 3 separate rooms at once. My goal is to be able to play music through my Onkyo receiver and hear it throughout the house simultaneously without having to send wires through all the walls into the rooms. Is that doable within reason?

It's a condo, so a bit more difficult to run wires through the ceilings as there is concrete in a lot of places.

Thanks!

Hmm alright. Well I know for a fact your onkyo can power three zones simultaneously. However, the most cost effective solution that entails using your passive klipsch speakers wirelessly, would be the rocketfish wireless adapters. Or another product like the rocketfish adapters... 

EDIT: Forgot to mention that klipsch also has their own wireless kit for subwoofers. Might be a thing you'd like.