Got my Bob Crites Type AA Crosasovers installed in my 1979 La Scalas!

JohnKuthe

And ONE important thing!!

Oops!! I inadvertently switched the Tweeter and Woofer connection ON ONE OF the La Scala drivers to the new Bob Crites crossover terminal strip! Oops! Shut everything down, corrected, and WOW!

Played my Djembe to The Fleshtones' "Hexbreaker":

ROCKIN!!! :-)

John Kuthe...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, dtel said:

Had some old AA (one leaking) crossovers in Lascalas, cleaned up and all new caps and the difference was amazing, hope your hearing the same thing.

Oh yeah!!

In fact I have to go downstairs and ENJOY 9:10AM STL time! :-)

John Kuthe...

On 5/21/2019 at 7:26 PM, dtel said:

Had some old AA (one leaking) crossovers in Lascalas, cleaned up and all new caps and the difference was amazing, hope your hearing the same thing.

I've got at least one leaking pio cap in my Heresy.  Ordered the rebuild kit from Bob.  Should be here today actually.  Now I just have to find my soldering iron in our storage unit!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

I've got at least one leaking pio cap in my Heresy.  Ordered the rebuild kit from Bob.  Should be here today actually.  Now I just have to find my soldering iron in our storage unit!

No other changes just replaced leaking caps and the difference was very surprising, well worth it for anyone thinking about doing it. Someone the forum replaced them he had a bunch of caps leftover from some he did and volunteered to do it for me and he did a great job, he no longer posts here anymore.

I did buy the old AA's used, just for yard speakers but they started leaking later.

Old and new

speakers b4 (2).jpg

speakers after.jpg

• Like 1