Heresy serial number list

MGgirl

welcome to the forum MGgirl

the 3rd digit ( 4 ) is not a number but a letter which i'm going to guess is an S which stands for 1978

pictures will tell the story and you can find all the info you need right here. just ask

type - O stands for Oil and L stands for Lacquer

HBR = Heresy Birch Raw

HWO = Heresy Walnut Oil / HWL

HOO = Heresy Oak Oil / HOL

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 3:29 PM, MGgirl said:

I have two Klipsch Heresy speakers serial numbers 584371 and 584372.  Can anyone tell me the date these were made and where to find some info on them?

Pics of them and the labels will tell entire story of what you have and the year of manufacture, .hint, hint!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Looking at a pair of  heresy hbr with only one tag left on one of the speakers. The serial number is 98u301. Would these be from 1980 if S is 1978? I currently own a pair of Klipsch  KG1.2 bookshelf speakers that I love. Would this be a major upgrade?

I am pretty happy with the bookshelf speakers  running off of an old v-fet Sony amp and same vintage turntable.

Martin

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Phil Boileau said:

I have two Klipsch hersey speakers HBR serial # 141X046.  Can anyone tell me anything about these speakers?  Age? Value? Quality? Etc.  Both speakers are in excellent condition.  Thank you.

Click the below link and look for when speakers with an X in the serial number were made.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161759-klipsch-heritage-codes/

Current range is about $400-800 depending on wood finish, condition, your location.

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, sarahrebekah said:

40R913 Hersey speakersystem is what year and approximate value?

These are from 1977. The value is tough to judge without any photos since value is affected greatly by cosmetic and working condition. Roughly $400-800 depending on condition, finish, location, etc. 

Hello-- May someone help me in deciphering a date code? I've sifted through many sites, and the codes I'm looking at do not seem to align with any info I'm seeing online.

The serial number stamped into the very top rear of the Klipsch Heresy I cabinet: 122W976

Thank you!

On 3/27/2022 at 11:46 AM, EveryMann said:

Hello-- May someone help me in deciphering a date code? I've sifted through many sites, and the codes I'm looking at do not seem to align with any info I'm seeing online.

The serial number stamped into the very top rear of the Klipsch Heresy I cabinet: 122W976

Thank you!

W means they were made in 1981

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Mike Dude said:

Can someone please help with my Heresey HIP year of manufacture?

Thank you! 

serial #8532666

Post in the ask the historian section. Industrial speaker serial numbers do not, by themselves indicate year of manufacture, but Klipsch has records of many of the industrials.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Marcia said:

Can anyone tell me where to find information on this speaker?

PWK

137 7346N

Appreciate any help I can get.

thanks.

Post some pictures, otherwise those numbers don't mean much on their own.

Hello, I have a pair of Heresy's that a former co-worker gave me, I just took pics of the tag on the back of one of them and it says

HBR (Heresey, Birch Raw)

serial # - 167y498

So does that mean this one is the 167 made out of the batch of 1000 and it was made in 1983?

• 1 month later...