Heresy serial number list

MGgirl

19 hours ago, Ian Forgeron said:

Hi, I'm looking for some information on a pair of Klipsch Heresy Speakers that I just bought.  Serial #: 39R743 Any information is greatly appreciated!  Best, ~ Ian 

I posted a link earlier in this thread that has everything you’ll want to know.

• 2 months later...

Bought a pair of Heresy Industrials last week that just came out of an old theater in Newport News, VA.  They were the angled corner mount.  Cabs in poor shape but sounded amazing.  Removed the internals as I'm going to build new series I cabs. The serial numbers are 1266 & 1267.  Year?

Thx in advance.

Barry

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Duncanbk said:

Bought a pair of Heresy Industrials last week that just came out of an old theater in Newport News, VA.  They were the angled corner mount.  Cabs in poor shape but sounded amazing.  Removed the internals as I'm going to build new series I cabs. The serial numbers are 1266 & 1267.  Year?

Thx in advance.

Barry

You will need to tag him like this: @JRH welcome! He may not answer right away but, will. Welcome @Duncanbk

On 10/30/2022 at 3:07 PM, Ian Forgeron said:

Hi, I'm looking for some information on a pair of Klipsch Heresy Speakers that I just bought.  Serial #: 39R743 Any information is greatly appreciated!  Best, ~ Ian 

klipsch Heresy 1 , 1977 ,   K77 Alnico  round magnet ,  K55V Alnico midrange , K-700 Metal horn , K-22 square magnet woofer , E network , Laser copper badges 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 2:47 PM, Gregavi said:

Thanks JRH. I assume the 1st 2 digits indicate the year. What do the other 5 digits indicate?

We forum nerds have informally called '84 and '85 models Heresy 1.5s.  They were transition years between Heresy and Heresy II.  They have HII squawkers and HI woofer/tweeters and a matching crossover.

8 hours ago, AnnieP said:

I have a pair of Heresy HBR speakers

The sticker on the back is handwritten and the serial number is 137X443

Inspected and checked by

Judy Purtle

Mark Black

Can anyone give me any info please?

Are they worth anything?

X is 1982.  If the squawker (midrange) driver has soldered terminals (likely it does), you have one of the best sounding Heresy Is. 

Since they are Birch, Raw, expect $300 to $600 depending on actual condition and where you live. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:18 AM, AnnieP said:

I have a pair of Heresy HBR speakers

Are they worth anything?

Heresy 1 speakers have been  going up in price for the past 3 years 

1k$ is common place in good condition    , current prices on Ebay  are  minimum  600$ for speakers  in very average  condition 

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Skinnerbox said:

Both in similar condition.  Sound great.  Could clean up silver borders or leave as is.  Wasn’t sure it that would de-value them.  The black sides and back are super clean, just the silver is scratched up 

you can use a magic eraser to clean up the anodized metal trim , these speakers are fibreglass layered + metal trimmed which raises the value of the HIP  ported speakers ,  The woofer is musical  /EVM 12L ,which is quite expensive being  a guitar  speaker ,  you're looking at 1k$ , speakers look in great shape -congrats 

Err, I'd be a bit hesitant to use a magic eraser.  Those aluminum edgings are known to have a very thin layer of anodizing, which can be polished away.  I tried a magic eraser, official Mr. Clean brand, to remove a stain on a wall.  I soon had to stop, because it was removing the paint.  Those Magic Erasers are very effective, but you have to be careful what you use them on.

I'm just suggesting that you ask around and do a bit more research before doing anything to the edging.  Those are rare speakers, so you want to be careful that you don't do anything to compromise their value.  Maybe just try water and dish soap first, being careful not to wet the rest of the cabinets.

Hmm, re-reading your post, I see that they have scratches, not the stains that I first thought they had.  In that case, it's up to you to decide whether you want to remove the edging, have it buffed clean, and maybe ask about re-anodizing, because although aluminum does not rust (only iron/steel rusts), it can corrode pretty quickly, going dull within hours after polishing.  This means that it needs some kind of surface treatment to protect it.  Anodizing is one way, but clear lacquer is another option, ideally applied by a shop painter who knows what he's doing.

Also see what other Forum members suggest/recommend.  Meanwhile, how do they sound?  Are you enjoying them?