Heresy serial number list

MGgirl

On 12/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Angel Baez said:

I have a set of cabinets with serial numbers 122W952 and 123W078 can someone please tell me what these numbers and letters mean. Thanks in advance. 

Angel Baez 

this post will tell you all you need to know:

On 12/25/2023 at 2:44 PM, Angel Baez said:

I have a set of cabinets with serial numbers 122W952 and 123W078 can someone please tell me what these numbers and letters mean. Thanks in advance. 

Angel Baez 

based on the serial  # , you have 2 non-consecutive  serial numbers for klipsch speakers Made in 1981 at the klipsch  Hope Arkansas plant  ,  as for the model of the speakers , please  post a picture of the tags at the rear of the speakers , or write the information that you see .

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2024 at 3:32 PM, JRH said:

These are 2 of 4 shipped to Spain on 5/20/80.  They must have never seen "professional" use, as they look to be pristine!

Indeed, they are! And the best thing is that they still sound great (with a pair of subs).

Thanks for the info 👍🏼

• 1 month later...

Hoping this is an ok place to ask this:

I have five Heresy III’s, two pairs of consecutive serial numbers and one oddball. The single speaker has a different serial number prefix than the other 4, and I’m wondering what it means. The two pairs have numbers beginning with “H3CHSRB”, while the single speaker is HIIICH+06010003.

H3 and CH I understand, but what’s the meaning of “SRB” vs “+” ?

Edited by Jagjaguwar
Clarification

8 hours ago, Jagjaguwar said:

Hoping this is an ok place to ask this:

I have five Heresy III’s, two pairs of consecutive serial numbers and one oddball. The single speaker has a different serial number prefix than the other 4, and I’m wondering what it means. The two pairs have numbers beginning with “H3CHSRB”, while the single speaker is HIIICH+06010003”.

H3 and CH I understand, but what’s the meaning of “SRB” vs “+” ?

SRB stands for Slanted Riser Base and that it came that way from the factory.  Does the single have a slanted riser?

3 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

SRB stands for Slanted Riser Base and that it came that way from the factory.  Does the single have a slanted riser?

Ahh, thanks! But yes, the “+” single does have the same slanted riser as the rest- aside from being a *significantly* lighter color veneer (more orange than the dark reddish brown of the others), the only difference I’ve noticed on the single is the size of the metal/magnet grille attachment points on the motor board. On the single those are almost dime sized and flat, while the pairs have what look like small torx screw heads.