Lowes and home depot kingsford charcoal is on sale!!!

mr clean

On 5/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, CECAA850 said:

I've never seen a lump that looks like a burned 2x4.

Ive never seen a briquet look like one either. I could not resist!.  The wood itself has all kinds of bad things in it also. Just because its natural does not mean its healthy.  Im done posting about this. I guess we agree to disagree and I'm good with that. Peace!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr clean said:

Ive never seen a briquet look like one either. I could not resist!.  The wood itself has all kinds of bad things in it also. Just because its natural does not mean its healthy.  Im done posting about this. I guess we agree to disagree and I'm good with that. Peace!

It is a matter of what tastes better.  Also end of story.  Oh yeah, I feel obligated to tell you that earlier you were oldtimered….hook, line, and sinker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can also use natural gas or propane for temp control and high temp searing in combination with smoke chambers to give you all the "natural" smoke flavor you need.  I did a whole turkey on the gas grill with the smoker burner and an additional smoke chamber on the other end using hickory, mesquite and apple wood and as good as if i did it out of the vertical smoker.  I would agree that if you try a quality lump charcoal, you will not go back to briquettes, but whatever works.

• Haha 1

Bs; tried a huge amount of lump, went back to the inexpensive option...

tbc: but; taste buds are differ, mine can't taste any variation.

Can tell a Cuban cigar &/or rum from just the smell; but, Cuban coffee, although good, not so much.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, babadono said:

Found a rattlesnake in the woodpile once. And yea that's bad.

Your right it's bad, they are very hard to light, and they put off a funny smell and make terrible coals.:emotion-45:

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It is a matter of what tastes better.  Also end of story.  Oh yeah, I feel obligated to tell you that earlier you were oldtimered….hook, line, and sinker.

Ok I have to ask. Im not real smart. How was I oldtimered?  

17 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Bs; tried a huge amount of lump, went back to the inexpensive option...

tbc: but; taste buds are differ, mine can't taste any variation.

That's why it always comes down to what you prefer, sound/food/women/alcohol, fill in the blank.  There is no best, just best to you.  I wish I liked the sound of cheap audio gear, cheap coffee and everything else, it would save me a lot of money.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mr clean said:

Ok I have to ask. Im not real smart. How was I oldtimered?  

He just enjoys stoking the fire every know and then to get a reaction/debate.  it's all good, just think "devils advocate" for a lot of @oldtimer posts.  

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

He just enjoys stoking the fire every know and then to get a reaction/debate.  it's all good, just think "devils advocate" for a lot of @oldtimer posts.  

Copy that! I kind of figured that but needed to check! Old timer its not nice to be mean to the slow kid😫!

3 hours ago, Pete H said:

That's why it always comes down to what you prefer, sound/food/women/alcohol, fill in the blank.  There is no best, just best to you.  I wish I liked the sound of cheap audio gear, cheap coffee and everything else, it would save me a lot of money.  

Wish I loved Roi Tans; they are cheap.