Long Beach High End Audio Show

Greetings:

I attended the RMAF in Denver last September and it was my first High End Audio show.  Pretty amazing, but too much to take in at one time and listening isn't optimum of course.  I'll be in the LA area for some Dead & Company shows during the same time as the L A High End Audio show.  Can anyone comment specifically on this show or compare it to the RMAF, there is plenty to do in the area and I want to make the most of my time there. 

Thanks in Advance

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

I'm more interested in dead and company,  what's that?

Remnants of the Grateful Dead with some new blood.  Gathering of the tribe so to speak, at the Hollywood Bowl for a couple of nights. Always a real good time.

I had to look that up.  It appears as though Mayer is more of the impetus than an addition.  Interesting.  Does he still deliver the vocals in the (too) same way as he's always done, or does he change it up a bit now?

Good thread on The Dead but not much to the LA Show. Sorry. Long Beach is my hometown, tho (left in '78) it of course is soo changed from my day. You will find the downtown area lively and full of small juke joints with some live music and plenty of good food. The waterfront is a beauty and easy to get around and see. My good old friend Joe and I snuck into our very first rock show at a tiny place that I remember being called a Filmore. 1973-4. Not the famous one, just a little dinky theatre. Johnny Winter in all his albino glory. It was the start of a journey I am still on. Have fun.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 9:22 PM, dbomberger said:

I was fortunate enough to see Blind Faith during their brief existence in '69.  Still one of the greatest concerts I ever experienced.

That had to be impressive. I have seen Eric And Steve separately but together? Wow

10 hours ago, Audio Flynn said:

That had to be impressive. I have seen Eric And Steve separately but together? Wow

It was; Ginger Baker was so drugged up though, he couldn't stop drumming and they literally had to carry him off stage, he was sweating buckets. Might have been part of the reason the group didn't make it for long.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, dbomberger said:

It was; Ginger Baker was so drugged up though, he couldn't stop drumming and they literally had to carry him off stage, he was sweating buckets. Might have been part of the reason the group didn't make it for long.

GB has not done much since that I recall.