Klipsch KLF 20 woofer cracked

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Sometimes if you talk to the guys at a local guitar shop, they may have someone on staff that does these kinds re-coning jobs (it is a common thing). 

That’s good advice.  I just had the EV woofers in my HIPs re-coned by a local person who mostly works on guitar amp speakers.  They should at least know someone who could re-cone your woofer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Sometimes if you talk to the guys at a local guitar shop, they may have someone on staff that does these kinds re-coning jobs (it is a common thing). 

My old speaker repair guy was great for re-coning anything "paper-coned" but did not have a source for anything graphite, plastic or aluminum cones this was several years ago now maybe parts are out there now? I'd check eBay they do show up every so often.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2019 at 8:02 PM, wnabphil78@gmail said:

C1397230-2886-40A6-8F59-06DE2E527E66.jpeg

It appears to me that you have another issue besides the crack.  Literally beside, that is.

Take a look at the bottom ring, just to the left of the crack.  That looks to me like the cone is trying to come off, when compared to the look of the right side.

If you attempt to glue it, I would lay a bead around that bottom ring.  (Why not try?  It's already toast anyway...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Emile said:

Bummer :(  Did you not get these just a week ago?  There is a woofer on eBay ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-KLF-20-Speaker-Driver/254172885507?hash=item3b2de27203:g:DCUAAOSwufRclEJy ... $120; no clue but seems a bit high :( 

Yes Thank you I did end up buying that one on ebay to get my 20s back to perfect thanks for the link!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

It appears to me that you have another issue besides the crack.  Literally beside, that is.

Take a look at the bottom ring, just to the left of the crack.  That looks to me like the cone is trying to come off, when compared to the look of the right side.

If you attempt to glue it, I would lay a bead around that bottom ring.  (Why not try?  It's already toast anyway...)

3 hours ago, glens said:

Looks like a blunt object impact just left of the split, ~1/3 from dust cap to surround was the cause.  May be more damage than a bit of glue can right.

Yup for sure thank you