RIP Bart Starr

TasDom

The man was beloved by people that weren't even his teams fans. A legend to any of us that ever loved football, or who were lucky enough to see the complete footage of those mid 60s blizzard bowl games or the "Ice Bowl" *that he ran in the game winning td.

RIP Indeed! Mr. Bart Starr 🏈

Edited by JohnJ

Where have I been all day.  Saw him one day and told him I hated him.  Beat my Browns EVERY darn time when I was a kid.  He didn't laff too hard.  Gave me a card, signed it and told me it was worth it just to hear that. Said he hadn't heard that in a while!  lololol  Great guy imo even though he did open the can EVERY time they played!  May he rest in peace!

The awesome #15! He was special. Alabama boy through and through. Was one hell of a football player. Played under the "Bear" at Alabama, Played for Vince Lombardi at Green Bay. Won the first 2 Super Bowls, and the first two 2 Super Bowl MVPs. Sad to know that he has passed away.

RIP Bart Starr...you'll definitely be missed...a great QB and a true gentleman!....and if you run into Johnny U there, give him a hard time for me and tell him he is also missed!  Two of my all-time favorite QB's!!  I must be gettin' old or something...seems like every time I turn around another one of my "favorite somebodys" are gone!😥

Always sad for humanity to lose an icon. Starr was an especially nice icon who was not featured enough because he was NOT controversial. I also have to wonder what the life span is/was for the linemen of his era. I met several old time Vikings players once. Those guys were truly damaged from that game. Fingers angled off at 90 degrees, loads of scars and orthopedic basket cases. If they lived til their 80’s they’d be so miserable.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Always sad for humanity to lose an icon. Starr was an especially nice icon who was not featured enough because he was NOT controversial. I also have to wonder what the life span is/was for the linemen of his era. I met several old time Vikings players once. Those guys were truly damaged from that game. Fingers angled off at 90 degrees, loads of scars and orthopedic basket cases. If they lived til their 80’s they’d be so miserable.

That's what I read and was reminded of earlier about Starr.

On the other hand wonder how the guys that faced the Purple People Eaters fared later on