Klipschorn B Teak Cincinnati Area Craigslist $2250

Tubee1

12 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Teak with Lacquer. Fair price it the condition is right.

Beat me to it on both counts.  The Seller wasn't sure Cherry or Teak Lacquer but the label is clear as Claude said; Teak.

Teak is a premium veneer, not common.  How much does it add to the value of a standard Khorn of that vintage?  I don't know in dollars but it might be worth a premium to the right buyer.

These Khorns are from 1985, meaning NOT Type AA XO's.  I'm pretty sure those would be the desirable AK-2's.  I have the average price for Khorns 1983-99 right at $2469.  That average price might not be completely valid as the range includes the less desired AK XO and the more desired AK-2 and AK-3.  The latter two might command a higher price.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bkwa1959 said:

I talked to someone that went to look at them and told me the owner is a cat owner and the cat clawed the side grills and smelled of cat urine. 

Excellent distraction, hope you get them. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bkwa1959 said:

I talked to someone that went to look at them and told me the owner is a cat owner and the cat clawed the side grills and smelled of cat urine. 

That could be a good negotiating point if you walk in, tell the Seller you smell cat urine on them, then make your offer accordingly to what it might take to get the smell out and replace the grill cloth.

That's more than just a buying tactic, cat urine smell is pretty disgusting.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 10:21 PM, wvu80 said:

That could be a good negotiating point if you walk in, tell the Seller you smell cat urine on them, then make your offer accordingly to what it might take to get the smell out and replace the grill cloth.

That's more than just a buying tactic, cat urine smell is pretty disgusting.

How would you be able to tell IF it is the Khorns that smell?   It just might be the house itself...

But it's a great tool for the negotiations, just like wvu80 said.

• Like 2