Cornwall III Special Edition (need work) - To buy or not?

Dneu2011

Luckily the speakers are already in my garage and I can listen to them before deciding to buy. My friend said his client had two pairs of these and both pairs were damaged while moving. 

Ill fix them up first before doing any serious listening. I feel if I don’t fix them first and fall in love with them, I’ll never want to take them apart to fix them. 

• Haha 1

Crutchfield while having excellent CS, have some of the highest equipment prices on some items. New CWiiis can be found on ebay for $3500 pair, new delivered to your home. The matte black finish SE, price for a pair. This gentleman in NV. I purchased a SE rosewood pair from him about a month ago. Flawless transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-III-Special-Edition-Matte-Black-Pair/372644664888?hash=item56c35a5638:g:A9gAAOSwpLxcuKpt

Here are a pair of textured black B stock for $3000 delivered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-III-Floor-Standing-Speaker-Custom-Textured-Black-Finish-B-Stock/392255724463?epid=23031094469&hash=item5b54435baf:g:RKoAAOSwW75ciVqu:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!70403!US!-1

3 hours ago, ricktate said:

Did you call Cory first???  I would not trust ebay for anything that easy to damage, Cory ships his by freight carrier. If you didn't call Cory you paid to much I bet.

Mine were shipped motor freight. Klipsch knows what they are doing when they pack Heritage loudspeakers for shipment. My CWs arrived at my house in perfect condition.

Ebay buyer protection policies are great. Not only do you have the seller's policies, but if they fail on any aspect, (failure to ship, damaged in shipping, not as described or pictured in listing, or item doesn't work or has an issue) ebay will step in and moderate the transaction if necessary, or make it right. You have way more buyer protection purchasing off ebay than just some business listed on the internet. It's rare to have these problems on ebay but I did once, and ebay promptly refunded me 100% when the vendor failed to make it right. Everybody on ebay has ratings, direct feedback history for both sellers and purchasers. So you do couple minutes of research and know exactly how they conduct business/transactions. The ebay community is awesome. And 95% of em do not collect sales taxes, like amazon does now (for the last 2 years).  I have purchased quite a few second hand blu ray movies off ebay too, not one issue yet. Very low prices delivered to my house. They even have a vintage audio equipment section on ebay.

I'm way off topic in this guy's thread. I'll stop now.

Well Cory is a registered Klipsch dealer I will order from him when I need something new...…. But with price increases very unlikely now. Plus I met Cory at Klipsch pilgrimage and the Klipsch FB group has bought tons of stuff from him....Parasound Amps. subs, Jubs I think, he also has AVRs and SVS subs.  Cory is not ''Just some business''  he is a fellow Klipsch person from here.

4 hours ago, Archguy said:

Unlikely that they will ever look pristine, especially for a $200. 

Worth a shot.  If he has the skills or has a friend that can do it why not try.  "Pristine" may be a stretch but "very presentable" should be pretty doable.

Bill

On 5/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, Dneu2011 said:

He told me he would take what he paid for them at $2000. I’ve had multiple people tell me that $2000 is way too much for Cornwall’s but I don’t think they realize only 70 of these special edition were made. 

Two thousand is too much for the original Cornwall but a decent price for the Cornwall III.  I have recorded a few sales and even though prices are all over the place because they are rare on the used market, the Average I have $2113.  The Special Edition will command a premium.