Oris 150 - Boston Metrowest

applebees

GLWS!

If I lived closer, I would be very interested - as I was when the Oris 150s first came out years ago.  The images of the complete system appear to be using Lowther drivers with the long phase plug.  Is that correct?  I have both Lowther DX4s and PM5As that I would LOVE to try in them.  

Very, very nice!

9 hours ago, rplace said:

GLWTS, how happy were you with the JBL bass bins? Have you tried anything else in conjunction with the Oris 150? I like mine a lot but always tinkering.

Activate DSP?

I've tried them with Khorn bass bins. TheJBL bass bins more forwards and faster, but I also love how they sound with Khorn bass bins. I run them as 2 ways with Ashley Protea 4.8SP (it will be for sale once the Oris are sold).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erik2A3 said:

GLWS!

If I lived closer, I would be very interested - as I was when the Oris 150s first came out years ago.  The images of the complete system appear to be using Lowther drivers with the long phase plug.  Is that correct?  I have both Lowther DX4s and PM5As that I would LOVE to try in them.  

Very, very nice!

Thanks, and yes, you're absolutely right, they're Lowther PM4A, but not for sale at this moment😄. I love how they sound in Oris horns, but I need the space in the room :(. 

7 hours ago, Max2 said:

Very nice.  GLWS    How about a pic of #1 system 😀

My first system is just my other system, not the better one, lol... It's very simple one, Volti upgraded Khorns, Garrard 301, MX110z and Cary CAD-45SE.

Here's the pic 😀

20190528_183941_resize_7.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Apples.  I just wanted to let you know shipping the horns is possible in a single box...............I recently shipped mine from NC to Tx. 350.00 The box was 32 X 32 X 21,  Foam on bottom of box, Place 1 horn in box mouth side down, place an old sheet over it and set horn #2 on top they will nest very nicely, Then wrap each rear chamber and place on opposite sides of the horns place padding around in the remaining gaps , foam on top and your good.  You could even have the drivers inside the rear chambers b-4 wrapping.  They ship very well though admittedly its not cheap.  I have shipped 3 sets in this manner over the years and no damages to date..............................I had a set with those exact same bass bins about 17 years ago.  My space is to small for the 150's now sadly.  Good luck with the sale   (Just an FYI not trying to interfere only sharing my experience)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, applebees said:

My first system is just my other system, not the better one, lol... It's very simple one, Volti upgraded Khorns, Garrard 301, MX110z and Cary CAD-45SE.

Here's the pic 😀

20190528_183941_resize_7.jpg

We have a winner 

Very nice opportunity for a set of Oris horns. If at all possible, consider shipping.  You will greatly increase your buyer pool. 

I just added ported cabs to my Oris system and love the sound.  I too have been using the Ashly Protea 4.8 or years.  GLWS!

• Thanks 1