Cornwall III - Walnut or Cherry?

I’m about to purchase a new pair from my local dealer, but I’m torn between walnut and cherry. 

Personally I would prefer a light natural wood tone (something like Cornwall II in oiled oak) to match my furniture, but a little worried walnut will come in too dark like milk chocolates. Can’t tell much from pictures on Google as tone varies due to lighting. 

Can owners share some pictures of their personal sets (walnut or cherry) in natural light? :)

Edited by Sunnysideup

47 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

It is really a hard pick between the two! Let’s see what I end up with next in the coming weeks/months.

Like I said above, time to toss a coin.

I like the darker cherry of the Cornwalls as opposed to that of the Fortes.  Walnut is good, too, (it's what I got 'cause Momma nixed the [Forte III] distressed oak with lamb's wool grilles) but since black walnut is pretty much a weed around here I abide it more than love it.  I've seen the insides of too many...

I picked cherry for my Hiii’s and Australian Walnut for the LSii. I really prefer lighter tone. Plus all the figuring looks fantastic at first. Loses its pop over time. 

Something like my cherry kitchen is preferable to a stained cherry like this armoire. At least to me. 07F35424-0A38-45FF-8255-13E9BA3B9071.thumb.jpeg.22c7876335685e2c11a890c20dea8179.jpeg

AF4E0875-60A4-40EF-A1C1-685B72EA4C67.jpeg

On 5/28/2019 at 2:41 AM, Sunnysideup said:

I’m about to purchase a new pair from my local dealer, but I’m torn between walnut and cherry. 

22 minutes ago, ricktate said:

Do yourself a favor and call Cory first.

=== it’s also good to keep your local dealer in business too —

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== it’s also good to keep your local dealer in business too —

Totally agree with this.  ..I'm sure Cory is a good guy and all but if there's a Klipsch dealer within a reasonable distance give them a chance to earn your business.  I'd be totally cool with paying a nearby dealer a bit more.  If we don't support our local Klipsch dealer they will all soon disappear.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, dtel said:

Walnut and some pic's on how they build them.

I wanted Walnut because of the color and it has more of a grain pattern on average.

link         VVVVV

http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/

Can't recall if I've made this comment before, but these pics are great - HOWEVER, these craftspeople need to be wearing respirators for gods sake!

Know any smokers who have died from COPD?  ..It's an awful death.  And the same can happen from environmental fallout, like toxic paint/ stains and sawdust.  So Klipsch, show your employees some love and appreciation by INSISTING on respirators.