Almost died yesterday....

Mighty Favog

15 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

If it wasn't for a good friend being near by and able to get something sweet in my mouth in my mostly unconscious state it would have read in TEENS!!

I'm o.k., now. Trying to do too much too fast.

IMG_20190528_135122.jpg

Good JOB Good Friend!!

I'm an RN, so I KNOW!!

Have fun, be safe and MOST IMPORTANTLY CHOCOLATE!! Sometimes Chocolate COULD SAVE A LIFE!! :-)

John Kuthe, BSN, RN, MO...

• Moderators

True you were close to dead, if I were you I would carry around a couple of pieces of candy, if you were awake enough to know what was going on to eat them.

I remember going through this with my mother, it would drop and she would be what looked like almost passed out, or at least on the way out to not be able to say or do anything. 

Well, glad you're still with us. :P

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

if I were you I would carry around a couple of pieces of candy, if you were awake enough to know what was going on to eat them.

That would work better than dog food...

• Haha 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I always suspected that chocolate had medicinal properties.

Ask almost any woman, and men if they gave chocolate as a present.

5 minutes ago, Marvel said:

That would work better than dog food...

And taste better, plus if you stuck dog food in his mouth when he came around if he did we might need to run. 

• Thanks 1

Cake icing in squeeze tubes works well especially if the person is non communicative.  Squeeze some between the cheeks and gum. You always run the risk of hard candy choking the person in need especially at that low a blood sugar reading.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It happened so fast I couldn't even tell the friend what was happening. I was having convulsion-like shakes, diaphoretic, lethargic and nearly unconcious. I just remember that I wanted to go to sleep.

She (the friend) got me to the ER, who was already called that I was coming, gave me an amp of D50, 3-4 oz. of orange juice and a meal that had more carbs than the Holley company puts out in a month.

Went to my GP doc today to tell them what happened and get my meds adjusted. All this so I can also pass a pre-op exam to get my hand operated on (painful trigger finger).

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, dtel said:

Ask almost any woman, and men if they gave chocolate as a present.

And taste better, plus if you stuck dog food in his mouth when he came around if he did we might need to run. 

Just think of the weight he would lose, though.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

All this so I can also pass a pre-op exam to get my hand operated on (painful trigger finger).

Just had surgery for trigger thumb (same as trigger finger except ... thumb) May 6. Have full range of motion again, but nowhere near the original strength. Still a little uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the pain before the surgery.

4 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Just had surgery for trigger thumb (same as trigger finger except ... thumb) May 6. Have full range of motion again, but nowhere near the original strength. Still a little uncomfortable, but nothing compared to the pain before the surgery.

Fortunately it's on my left hand where I'm right hand dominant (ring finger).

2 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Fortunately it's on my left hand where I'm right hand dominant (ring finger).

For me it's on the dominant hand. You don't realize how much you depend upon your dominant thumb until you can't use it any more. Even opening a tube of toothpaste became an ordeal.

I learned to run the computer mouse left-handed, and now that my right hand works again I can't go back.

1 hour ago, Mighty Favog said:

Is he still alive!?

I remember him on that bad 70's TV show, Apples Way.

I'm glad you could see the humor in my post.  I didn't want to make light of your situation, only thought of Wilford with all the diabetes commercials he used to be in.

I'm not sure if he's still alive or not.

• Thanks 1