Almost died yesterday....

Mighty Favog

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Both my parents were diabetics, it's really surprising I have not had problems with it yet at 61.

Yea, well I'm type II myself and my words of wisdom for ya???  You keep slammin down those biscuits n gravy I saw posted the other day...  MAN I can't get rid of that visual...  😂

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I'm less than 6 months away from the oldest living male in my family. 

I know, I told my sister the other day she needs to start checking my sugar occasionally.

But the biscuits are good..........I know I need to go back on my diet again, there was no use before pilgrimage and since then we have had 2 weeks of people visiting and I cooked for them.

But nothing planned until 2 days in July then in August, I need to get back on it. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I did it a few years ago, went from 285 to 234, then kind of got away from it and over the next few years and went to 260 which I am now. 

I did feel alot better which is why I want to do it again, it was not hard at all, more like I should have been eating really. It is eating 6 times a day just not as much, I was never hungry and was losing 2-3 or more pounds a week, no exercise. If we went out to eat I ate whatever I wanted, or if we just felt like eating something one night we did, it still worked.

To me, the goal was to eat better not to torture ourselves. I was never hungry doing this and felt better and had more energy after the first week which helped me stick with it.  The first thing I realized was how bad it makes you feel when you overeat regularly.

They say lean protein but I used any kind of meat, they say potatoes or rice but I used anything that was carbs except white bread. 

I don't remember what the name of this diet was, something the wife ordered a copy of online?

Breakfast 4 egg whites 1 cup of fruit...............I ate a banana instead and also a couple of eggs, not just the whites.

Mid-morning 4 oz of protein 1/2 cup of fruit.

lunch 4oz protein 1 cup rice (or carbs) 1 cup of vegetables.

Mid-afternoon 4 oz protein 1/2 cup of carbs

Dinner 4oz protein 1 cup carbs 1-2 cups of vegetables.

Later if you get hungry you can have berries or some type of vegetables