KLF 30 Purchased (previously pricing question)

jackrcox

Hello All, 

I hate to make a post such as this one, but using the search function is not offering any conclusive results on the topic except random data points from different years. I ran across a guy who is moving and wanting to offload his set of KLF 30's in oak. They seem to be in fairly good shape, all drivers working, and he wants 600 for the pair. I am well aware of the rattle issue on these models and will test for that, but what would you consider a good (or better yet great) deal for these?

• Like 1

Know nothing about KLF-30 prices ... but can't recall seeing a pair for under $1000. :D  Get them quick! Some others who know better will probably chime in.

Add-on ... one KLF-30 on eBay for $1200 ... four KLF-20's (TWENTY's) for $999

• Like 1

It is a fair and competitive price.

You see higher advertised prices (over 1000), but I doubt they ever actually get sold at that price. You would be surprised by how much the cosmetics will bias the price (a few nicks will knock them down 20%)

• Like 1

Well, I went ahead and picked them up. Cosmetically they are a solid 99% and are near perfect except for a few light marks on the medium oak oil finish. I was able to get them home and swap them for my other speakers before the wife got home. Somehow she hasn't noticed yet and she started watching her shows.  I had set everything else up like they were on the other speakers but I dont know how she hasn't figured it out yet. 

Screenshot_20190528-201244_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, jackrcox said:

Well, I went ahead and picked them up. Cosmetically they are a solid 99% and are near perfect except for a few light marks on the medium oak oil finish. I was able to get them home and swap them for my other speakers before the wife got home. Somehow she hasn't noticed yet and she started watching her shows.  I had set everything else up like they were on the other speakers but I dont know how she hasn't figured it out yet. 

Screenshot_20190528-201244_Gallery.jpg

Good job.

My Mrs. can SMELL when I am thinking about buying new speakers.  We now have a strict one in / one out policy in effect.  *<;o)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Good looking room.

On 5/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, Oicu812 said:

Good job.

My Mrs. can SMELL when I am thinking about buying new speakers.  We now have a strict one in / one out policy in effect.  *<;o)

That's funny.

3 hours ago, rmichael21 said:

nothing to see here.....

Glad you made that decision and cleared that up for all of us. 

On 5/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, jackrcox said:

Somehow she hasn't noticed yet

Congrats! Awesome!  Haha; have bought many speakers and sometimes my wife did not notice changes or add-ons for weeks :D  Eventually they will catch it and "WE" will pay the price :D 

• Like 1