I need your opinion on a trade...

Oicu812

I am chatting with a guy that wants to trade his Forte 1's in black for a Heresy set.  Is this a good deal, or should I pass?  Which would you rather keep?

Please let me know what you think!

00n0n_lluPc1JE7kk_1200x900.jpg
00J0J_3RaJqncTpvj_1200x900.jpg
00M0M_gzstROAAF7s_1200x900.jpg
00B0B_c5qqikS8Tsg_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_drK8S8CRjxR_1200x900.jpg

IMG-1099.png
IMG-1101.png
IMG-1100.png
IMG-1097.png
IMG-1095.png
IMG-1094.png

IMG-1093.png

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Best advice I can give you is to have him bring them over to your house and have a listen. Keep the ones that sound the best in your room with your equipment.

That IMHO, is the only advice you need.  The bottom line is always, what appeals to you, not what the rest of the room thinks.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rockhound said:

Best advice I can give you is to have him bring them over to your house and have a listen. Keep the ones that sound the best in your room with your equipment.

Good advice, but.........

Once the  Forte owner hears how much better the Forte is than the Heresy, the trade will probably go bye-bye...........

Shakey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've heard many and currently have both Forte II and Heresy. Between these two Heresy wins on finish (WO over black paint) and laser badger (uniqueness) both of which are cosmetic. The Forte wins on sound (which is probably what or should matters most to you). If smallness in the room is a factor maybe another nod to the Heresy....but not by much only in height they take up about the same footprint give or take.

Best case buy his, don't trade and use 'em both till you tire of one....which probably won't happen.

All that said, if I only could have one pair. I'd probably keep the Heresy because I hate the black speaker look and hunt around for F/F IIs in a wood finish. The Heresy look to be in pretty nice shape with tags in tact, laser badges and a decent shape....that probably only matters to people on this forum.

Good luck with the decision, let us know what happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Keep the Heresys.  They are not as room/placement dependent as the Forte, they will look nicer in what you have shown as your room decor, and the laser badges are probably worth more than the Fortes anyway.

6 minutes ago, rplace said:

All that said, if I only could have one pair. I'd probably keep the Heresy because I hate the black speaker look and hunt around for F/F IIs in a wood finish. The Heresy look to be in pretty nice shape with tags in tact, laser badges and a decent shape....that probably only matters to people on this forum.

I think you both are right in this.  In thinking about it, I realized that I wasn't digging the black, either.  And it annoys me that they have removed the tags.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oicu812 said:

I am chatting with a guy that wants to trade his Forte 1's in black for a Heresy set.  Is this a good deal, or should I pass?  Which would you rather keep?

P

IMG-1093.png

I have that exact cart, I use it for everything when it comes to moving med sized speakers and subs around the house.

The smart money would say the Fortes are worth about $100 more than the Heresy.  It's probably worth the upgrade as you can always sell the Fortes for $500 if you don't like them and buy another pair of $400 Heresy.  It's a safe move from a financial point of view.

• Like 1

That's a tough call.  Those H's you have sure are purty, but the F's look very clean other than the passive on one which may be stained or bleached from UV.  Sound wise, the Forte's are the clear winner from the low end to the top, but the H's are more placement versatile like mentioned above.  I don't know if I would turn loose of those H's without a more substantial upgrade to say a Chorus or Chorus II and not in black. And as good as your H's look, you're probably not but 300-400 dollars away from going to a Chorus or possible Chorus II money wise

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Max2 said:

That's a tough call.  Those H's you have sure are purty, but the F's look very clean other than the passive on one which may be stained or bleached from UV.  Sound wise, the Forte's are the clear winner from the low end to the top, but the H's are more placement versatile like mentioned above.  I don't know if I would turn loose of those H's without a more substantial upgrade to say a Chorus or Chorus II and not in black. And as good as your H's look, you're probably not but 300-400 dollars away from going to a Chorus or possible Chorus II money wise

Anyone in Florida want a nice pair of Heresy and $250 for your Chorus??? 

• Haha 1