Voxx under fire for poor quarter

JGT914

On 6/15/2019 at 2:39 PM, artto said:

It's always the wrong investment decision to sell your winners and keep your losers when things are down.

I've kind of strayed from reading this thread until now.....but artto gets the shiny apple of the day for this comment.

To make his succinct comment more wordy....(something I'm good at!) put it this way....

You have a basket of stocks, half are "winners" (defined as worth more than you paid) and half are losers (well....  yeah....you know what this means)

You need to buy a car so you sell your winners because you "don't want to lose anything"  (news flash, you've already lost it).  So you carry that forward and sell the winners to buy the car.....NOW what do you have but a basket of losers.

I use the analogy sometimes, just to make my posts longer and more grueling for you to read so here's another!

Think of your Grandmother.  It's springtime and she's going out to tend to her rosebush.  Does she take a chainsaw & hack at it?  (we all know she doesn't).  Or, does she perhaps FIRST, look at it....  cut out all the deadwood and THEN start to trim healthy branches?  If she cut the healthy branches first, she'd be left with nothing but dead branches.

So, in your portfolio, always trim the deadwood first.

Now, that wasn't so bad to read, was it?

495720[1].gif

• Like 2

I'm not so sure this type of business is all that viable on a large scale.  I'd be curious to see just how much the market for it (our generations) are dying off without being replaced.  I bet the average age of members on this forum is over 50.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the upper 50's, or higher.  Music is not even recorded to be played back in a killer hi-fi system.  It sounds awful in a good system.  It's made for ear buds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I'm not so sure this type of business is all that viable on a large scale.  I'd be curious to see just how much the market for it (our generations) are dying off without being replaced.  I bet the average age of members on this forum is over 50.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the upper 50's, or higher.  Music is not even recorded to be played back in a killer hi-fi system.  It sounds awful in a good system.  It's made for ear buds.

I agree! :) Too much competition in the limited 2-channel market and most people are looking for bang-for-your-buck and footprint when it comes to Home Theater..

My older son is still under 40 and likes Klipsch a lot. He has some first generation Heresy speakers and bought me a pair of Heresy IIs. Younger son loves music and went off to study music composition at Valparaiso with an H/K430 and a nice set of older JBLs.

I have had younger friends come over and are quite amazed with the LaScalas. They just don't think about spending money on a music system.

Bruce

• Like 2