recent sales info please

K-horns - $2500 and up in Walnut veneer - near mint - 70's time frame

Lascala 1's - $1200 - 1500 in BR

Belles - $2000 - $2500 and up in Walnut veneer - near mint - 70's time frame

and most of all it depends on location

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rmichael21 said:

Lascalas 1976 one owner with original receipt. near mint for $1400. right down the street. good deal?

Not a deal but it is fair market value as LS's from that era with Type AA crossovers average $1195.  Fourteen hundred is not a crazy price especially because you don't have to travel for hours to get them which makes it a better deal for you. 

In negotiating price offer the Seller the $1200 as it will cost you some money to update (not upgrade) the crossvers which are more than 20 years old.

Here is my Heritage Prices spreadsheet, a good research tool.  Run your mouse over any cell with a red triangle to see my detailed notes.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-06.xlsx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rmichael21 said:

Lascalas 1976 one owner with original receipt. near mint for $1400. right down the street. good deal?

RUN as fast as you can. one owner-near mint- no shipping damage

should have the laser badges

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Not a deal but it is fair market value as LS's from that era with Type AA crossovers average $1195.  Fourteen hundred is not a crazy price especially because you don't have to travel for hours to get them which makes it a better deal for you. 

In negotiating price offer the Seller the $1200 as it will cost you some money to update (not upgrade) the crossvers which are more than 20 years old.

Here is my Heritage Prices spreadsheet, a good research tool.  Run your mouse over any cell with a red triangle to see my detailed notes.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-06.xlsx 325.09 kB · 5 downloads

Dave's list is a great tool. 

I would add that the purchase of a pair of LS usually includes a day or two out of your life and a couple tanks of gas. Being right down the street, you're way ahead of the game.

• Like 1

Thanks everyoneI thought it might be overpriced but my time is worth money and they were only ever powered by one amp, the accuphase he bought them with. No alterations so I can judge from stock if I want to change anything . what are laser badges? They have black badges up in the corner

Mike

now I have more questions. are the tops supposed to have screws?  these are all black, badge is in upper corner, squawker isn't completely smooth but seems like from casting. is this normal? I just want to be sure. I do not have pics, saw once and gave a down payment. I prefer to believe people but you never know..

2 hours ago, rmichael21 said:

now I have more questions. are the tops supposed to have screws?  these are all black, badge is in upper corner, squawker isn't completely smooth but seems like from casting. is this normal? I just want to be sure. I do not have pics, saw once and gave a down payment. I prefer to believe people but you never know..

Pie-slice logos, right?  If the tops have screws then the woofer access door will LIKELY be in the H/F section!  That was still happening in 1976!  You can ask the owner if he sees a piece of plywood screwed-down under the mid horn lens in the H/F section...easy to find out!  The original squawker horns in those are cast aluminum alloy!  Might be a bit rough on the outside, but much smoother inside except along the "core-half-lines" about halfway up each side inside of the horns.  They were cast using fine-sand baked hard cores for the inside surfaces of the horns...the cores were made in two halves and glued together, then inserted into the outer casting sand molds back in those days!  Yeah...I also worked in a foundry as a pattern-maker for over ten years!  LOL!...in case you are wondering!

BTW, FYI, I just don't understand how forum members get so excited about the so-called laser badges...especially since their introduction was actually a slap in PWK's face!!  Long story there!!...but a slap in his face is what it amounted to!  ME?? I would never want LASER BADGES on ANY Klipsch speakers, myself!  I had way too much respect for PWK!  So if I ever buy speakers with them on it, the first thing I will do is TAKE THEM OFF!  Nothing I ever own will EVER have those logos for very long,  trust me on that!!!  There is a VALID reason why there is so much confusion nowadays about the switch-over time-line for  the laser logos from the pie-slice logos!  And it has NOTHING TO DO WITH running out of the Pie Slice Logos...we had thousands of them!  And over in final assembly the workers just refused to STOP using the pie-slice logos,  and use the then-new laser logos instead!  It was kind of a revolt against management thing!  BUT when the DIRECTIVE came out IN WRITING from management, the employees were forced to start using the laser logos EXCLUSIVELY, or risk losing their jobs!  BUT I GUARANTEE YOU that was the ONLY REASON they made the change happen! And I also GUARANTEE you that NONE of the plant employees ever bought speakers with that badge on them, either...they saved pie-slice logos for their personal purchases! 'Nuff Said!

• Like 1

, Yes pie sliced logos.. funny you should mention respecting PK. I want to here them as he intended so I'll be very careful about "upgrades". Everyone has there own preference which I completely respect , I just know from experience they don't always match mine. thanks again for everyone's help. I've owned a few Klipsch but these will be my first LS

• Like 1

i always say the pie slice first, laser second

i'm not fond of the 79 logo which is why i buy all speakers up to 78

the laser rules 😀

side note

my 78 heresys were built by crazy Doug for plant employee Larry with lasers

• Like 1

brought them home! I overpaid but it was 15 min from my house. no hassles no worries. I hooked up just one speaker and played chitlins con carne by SRV and smiled listening to music for the first time in a while!! I am definitely a 3 way horn guy!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rmichael21 said:

brought them home! I overpaid but it was 15 min from my house. no hassles no worries. I hooked up just one speaker and played chitlins con carne by SRV and smiled listening to music for the first time in a while!! I am definitely a 3 way horn guy!!!!

Congrats, you are happy and that's all that really matters. New LaScala sell today for min $3300 each. Near mint, well cared for used pair for $1400, you did well imo.

• Like 1