The Klipsch Audio Community
Alessio

ALK Universal Economy VS Crites' TYPE AA: Help me to choose

Alessio,

A good first move would be to get the Crites AAs (or a stock pair of AAs and potentially recap).  This would get you probably closest to the original factory sound.  ALK are aftermarket and a modification.  Something like that could come later after you establish some sort of baseline performance and understand more about what you have and where you may want to go..

You then may even decide an exotic version of the AA from Dean may be in order.

But regardless, you need to establish some sort of baseline as a reference, and the AA probably represents that best for lascalas, and at a good price point.

• Like 1

"Exotic"? lol.

• Like 1

OK Mr. film and foil........wax.  :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mark1101 said:

Something like that could come later after you establish some sort of baseline performance and understand more about what you have and where you may want to go..

Mark, I understand your point and that's probably the wisest way to go, but I don't like the idea of spending too much money just to try and confront different crossover on the same speakers.

I would probably do that 'journey' only if I was sure to keep those speakers for a VERY long time.

And i think that in any case, I'd prefer to confront different speakers altogether. 😅

But your point is definitely, let me say, on point.

I’m a ALK supporter through and through. That said, you want stock but improved.  Crites is the right and answer. 

The ALk cornscalawal would be the right choice for me but that’s because I dislike the stock voicing and want to be able and adjust my crossover. 

1 hour ago, justinsweber said:

The ALk cornscalawal would be the right choice for me but that’s because I dislike the stock voicing and want to be able and adjust my crossover. 

What differences have you experienced with ALK crossovers?

My Dad loves his Toyota. I don't like it at all. 

This is the problem with message boards. People are persuaded to make choices based on the personal tastes of others (not usually helpful). There is simply no way to predict what you will personally prefer.

Any network will sound better than what you have now, which is a poor design, and has reached end-of-life. I don't like my Dad's Toyota, but I would like it a lot if I was driving a 40 year old pick up truck with 200,000 miles on it. 

Whichever you choose between these two. I predict you will want to try something else within a year or two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Deang said:

This is the problem with message boards. People are persuaded to make choices based on the personal tastes of others (not usually helpful). There is simply no way to predict what you will personally prefer.

That's the absolute truth!  You have to go with what you like, regardless of others telling you what you should like. 

6 hours ago, Deang said:

Whichever you choose between these two. I predict you will want to try something else within a year or two.

Touché

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Pete H said:

That's the absolute truth!  You have to go with what you like, regardless of others telling you what you should like. 

Well also a problem with forums. How do you know what you like? It’s hard to listen to every possibility.  Undoubtably  if you by the best,  it’s likely you’ll love it. I have ordered cars that I  never test drove, made my choice because of research from forums. I have loved most of them. ... but I also drive  47 year old truck.  

I’ve enjoyed this thread. Thanks 🙏🏼 

Edited by guf
Grammar