Let's Go Raptors!!!

HPower

Not a basketball fan but I can tell the folks south of the border that this is really getting traction. Surprisingly so. The other thing I have quickly discovered is the generational aspect of all. Seems to be very youth driven. Us older guys for the most part don’t consider something a serious sport unless you are wearing skates and shooting a puck; although there is are sizeable minority who take the CFL and NFL seriously. I have no idea who will win but it seems like basketball is now an actual thing.

My favourite sport to play is Baseball (now slo-pitch), but my favourite home town sport to watch is Basketball with the Raptors.

Not a huge hockey fan, maybe that has a bit to do with the Leafs being a non factor since the late 1960's.

But still, the Leafs are the Leafs, which made this a bit surprising...

https://www.narcity.com/sports/ca/on/toronto/toronto-raptors-become-most-profitable-sports-team-in-canada-with-an-insane-net-worth

38 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

serious sport unless you are wearing skates and shooting a puck;

yes

38 minutes ago, YK Thom said:

seems like basketball is now an actual thing.

its a time filler, which is an actual thing, similar to watching the paint dry on Carl's garage ceiling.  Check out his live stream sometime, Jimbo is a regular.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

unbelievable effort by Steph Curry tonight!

Reminded me of those early Jordan/Bulls games when it was all Michael. They didn't win a lot but what an individual effort. Raptors were on tonight!

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:
9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Game 3, unbelievable effort by Steph Curry tonight!

He's a human highlight reel.  Not only did he light up the scoreboard, he played some really good defense as well.

He scored a career high 47 points but did you see him at the end of the game behind by 10 with a couple of minutes left? 

When it was clear the Warriors weren't going to win this night he was diving on the court ripping away the ball with two hands like his hair was on fire.  To keep from traveling while he was on the floor he was lying on his side, on the floor dribbling the ball!

I know the ratings are down for this series, but it isn't because Steph Curry isn't playing hard enough!

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I missed it last night, fell asleep after a long day of actually playing golf.

=== give this a try - you will arrive home less tired by making fewer swings and better shots — you are welcome —

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== give this a try - you will arrive home less tired by making fewer swings and better shots — you are welcome —

Damn, you are one smart guy.....I'm gonna try that, although it might take me a while since yesterday was my first full 18 in about 4 years after hip replacement and heart surgery.  Thanks for the advice!