Would like your opinion on a CL buy Heresy II...

46 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

P.S. my last pair of HII Walnut Oiled was $200...

Then no not worth it.;):D

You know, $600.00 is a bit steep but me loves me some Heresy 1s and 2s so you will really have to decide.  Offer $525.00 and see where it takes you.

Bill

• Like 1

According to the Heritage Prices spreadsheet, the average price for H2's in Good condition is $448.

The last five sales are 275 - 525 - 500 - 560 and 350. Not too many have come on the used market lately.  The highest confirmed price I could find was $560, updated XO's, Crites mid-diaphragm in April 2019.

+++

One thing that caught my attention in the ad was the "unfinished ash cabinets."  The label indicates they are Birch Raw.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Emile said:

Yeah ... little "rough" for $600 ... maybe max $500 ... but what do I know; I buy "high" and sell "low." :D 

Not just a little rough.  It looks like he beat them up with a motorcycle chain...

There is a possible fix for the dents.  You let some water soak into the dings, wipe it down, and then use an iron to make the absorbed water turn to steam.  This technique is used constantly in the antique restoration field.  The steam causes the wood to expand...

-edit-

I should have mentioned that you use a cloth between the iron and the wood to avoid scorching the veneer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

https://gulfport.craigslist.org/ele/d/ocean-springs-klipsch-heresy-ii/6899241386.html

Worth?

Offer?

in Greenback$, please.

Thank you, Ladies &/or Gentlemen, thank you.

As others have said, $600/pr may be a little steep, but! How does it feel to YOU? Can you walk away, or can you negotiate? Or take them at $600?

John Kuthe...

I am not seeing what some of you guys are.  They look to be in good shape other than that one corner of the "plywood" and a blemish or two.  Unfinished birch raw is going to have a flat(not shiny) rough surface and will attract dust into it's woodgrain like a couple of the photos show.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:09 AM, willland said:

Are those early Heresy 2s?  It looks like plywood not mdf.

Bill

Did anyone else notice the plywood?

Bill

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 8:38 AM, jjptkd said:

They look like $300 speakers to me

They are possibly what has been referred to as the Heresy 1.5's.  Some changes from the original model 1's driver and crossover wise, I think.  They were still sold as model 2's with the original plywood, or they had changed the innards and were still in transition from the ply to MDF.

• Like 1