starting the upgrade .. in my package Klipsch RF-42II ..opinions will be well received ..

angelluisg

hello every one  .. this forum is very funny and dynamic .. a lot of experience accumulated in years.

This is my home theater 

Home theater 7.1.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RF-42II

Center Rc-42 II

Subwoofer klipsch SW-110

Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA 

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet)

My concern is as follows. I have started to make upgrades in home theater .. and I would like that as for my Klipsch speakers how can I upgrade, for the size of my room? A few weeks ago I received my AVR Marantz 7012 and I am very happy ..

Now I want to upgrade, where do I start? front? center channel? another subwoofer?

and with what I have now, what would be better crossover settings? and tone adjustments ... thank you for all the help you can give me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha, since it is a theater, go "PRO."  KPT-904's or 942's

3 hours ago, angelluisg said:

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet

Is this rig for your living room "theater" or a dedicated theater room?

Either way go bigger if you want movies you can "feel".   Medium/big rooms need speakers that will fill the room with realistic sound.  At least with your front soundstage(LCR).  Bigger subs(plural) also.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The single biggest improvement you can do for your sound is to get the best center speaker you can afford.  Ninety percent of TV/movies is dialog and 90% of dialog comes out of the center speaker.

I use and recommend the Klipsch RC-64 III.  If you can find one on the used market a 64 or a 64-II would also be a huge improvement.  I previously owned the RC-64 and it is excellent.

+++

Congrats on the Marantz 7012.  It is the centerpiece for your home theater and it can handle anything you throw at it.  Marantz is well known to work well with Klipsch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, angelluisg said:

with what I have now, what would be better crossover settings? and tone adjustments

Welcome to the forum.  I forget to put that in my other post.

+++

Your 7012 has a powerful version of Audyssey.  Run it with the included mic and it will set all the proper crossover points for you.  I have a Marantz 6011 with the same Audyssey.  It makes all your different speakers blend nicely together.

• Like 2

Agree with the comment on the center for HT.  The "upgrade" topic has been covered many times, so first, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

My advice is pretty much the same as any other time:

1.  What's your budget?  One number or a total over time that you will be doing this.

2.  Is this dedicated HT or combo HT/2 channel audio?  If a combo what's your percentage of movies/music, which should have some determination on your mains.

3.  Fairly large room, you will probably address the sub or subs after you figure out the front stage and where you want to end up.

4.  What other systems or speakers have you listened to that you really liked and or that you are dying to hear?  Listen to as much as you can.

Figure those things out and then we'll all tell you 50 different ways to go and you'll still have to sift through all that and get what fits your needs/ear and budget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emile ..thanks is too big for living room and budget..

willland.. was wright ..is 403 Sr Feet 13 by 31.. is for my living room ..I felt super with my RF 42 II but now I know , reading here, and my space room , I need speaker more bigger.and powerfull..klipsch for me is best option.. what you recommend. begins ?  front? center? another Subwoofer?

Wvu80.  yes Marantz is clean sound. like it..but rc 64 III or 64 II is not too much for another speakers RF 42II , Rb 41..

thanks a lot 

angel luis 

Home theater 7.1.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Front  klipsch RF-42II

Center Rc-42 II

Subwoofer klipsch SW-110

Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

Wvu80.  yes Marantz is clean sound. like it..but rc 64 III or 64 II is not too much for another speakers RF 42II , Rb 41..

thanks a lot 

angel luis 

First, a forum suggestion:  If you want to alert someone of a question, type the @ sign and then begin to type in their name.  You will see a menu pop up.  Pick the name from the menu, don't just type it.  It will turn blue and a notice will appear on the bell icon top right, @angelluisg

+++

Is the RC-64 III too much for the RF-42?  Certainly the RC-64 will be the strongest speaker of the L/C/R but what you want is a center speaker that is accurate, that is crystal clear.  There is no example where adding a high quality center speaker has made the L/R sound worse.  Audyssey will balance them out, and you can ever adjust the center sound by using the manual setup of Audyssey using the Dialog Adjust.  Go ahead and try it with your current center by boosting it 3 db, it really works.

Here is the RC-64 III with the RP-600M.  Even though the RP-600M are one tier down from the top tier RC-64 the front soundstage is crystal clear.

IMG_1419_400.thumb.jpg.727d191586ab8b339cbc1bb4cde491c6.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

pete H  thanks !!!

is for movies 4k Atmos ,,like it....7.1.2 Dolby Atmos ..

upgrades for parts ..budget..limited ..no profesional but like decent sound movie..

It's going to sound like WVU80 and I are preaching, but, Center/Center/Center is your biggest move out of the gate.  

• Like 1

As I see it, you have a well functioning 7.1.2, a great and up-to-date AVR and a 4k blu-ray player. I'd say that on the speaker-front, you're actually good. However, I myself would probably get a second sub, or sell the one you have and go for a better sub. Sadly, Klipsch doesn't make the subs a HT deserves. SVS, XTZ, Fluance and PSA are some popular brands that make great subwoofers. If your roof allows it, in-ceiling speakers would be a sound upgrade. They'll do better than your rp140sa for sure. 

Can't help but notice that you haven't said anything about what tv/projector you have. Depending on that, there might be some room-upgrades you might want to do. In addition, some rudimental room upgrades such as isolating/decoupling speakers and room acoustics management might be something you would want to look into. Im not talking about going all anechoic chamber because that would be counterproductive, but rather finishing off some hard reflection-points here and there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, angelluisg said:

and another sub? what you think?

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters aka Cory is our local forum member who is also a Klipsch dealer. 

I happen to know he just ordered 127 Klipsch fifteen inch subs for an unbelievable price since they are B stock.  B stock means they might have been a return or damaged box, and what you get is a great price and a 90 day warranty.  If you'll send him a PM he can get back to you with a quote. 

I've bought B stock from him.  He has seriously good prices and excellent service. 

144802775_RP-600Monbox_small.thumb.jpg.39da8b7d756e12e2f30eac47eeb0a7fa.jpg

• Like 2

@HenrikTJ thanks .. do you recommend 2 Sub klipsch , SW 110 and  Klipsch  R-10SW.. ? or  klipsch Sw 110 and  SVS PB-1000 subwoofer.?

different brands, sizes . measures ..power .can be affect sound quality ?

remember my space is limited..

thanks for you help..

7 hours ago, angelluisg said:

@HenrikTJ thanks .. do you recommend 2 Sub klipsch , SW 110 and  Klipsch  R-10SW.. ? or  klipsch Sw 110 and  SVS PB-1000 subwoofer.?

different brands, sizes . measures ..power .can be affect sound quality ?

remember my space is limited..

thanks for you help..

Ehm i dont think there is a "klipsch sw110", but im guessing you mean "Klipsch r-110sw". 

If you decide two go dual subwoofers, I must insist on those two subs being the exact same brand, model and make. Out of the three options you have there, I'd definitely go for the SVS. 

For your room size, I'd never go over the size of a 10" sub. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRrrKkwn6_k&t=4s. This guy explains it all. Skip to 4:00. 

@HenrikTJ thanks .. I saw video thanks .. I bought SVS PB-1000 and keep Klipsch r-110sw". and klipsch RP 504c ..awesome sound..dialogue is so clear..wow.. one question .. my audyssey put my crossover front 80 , center channel 40, surround 80, surround back 90 and DOLBY Atmos 80 ..what do you think? always people said 80 all ? and tones -9.5 db and -5 db subwoofer..correct o any suggestion?

@Pete H thanks you wright.. center channel..

@wvu80 thanks for your help..

@willland thanks for your help..

Home theater 7.2.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Front  klipsch RF-42II

Center RP 504C

Subwoofer klipsch R-110 SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA