starting the upgrade .. in my package Klipsch RF-42II ..opinions will be well received ..

angelluisg

13 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

one question .. my audyssey put my crossover front 80 , center channel 40, surround 80, surround back 90 and DOLBY Atmos 80 ..what do you think? always people said 80 all ? and tones -9.5 db and -5 db subwoofer..correct o any suggestion?

Keep Audyssey's suggestions is my suggestion.

The 80 Hz XO is the THX standard, a generic setting and there are reasons for using it but I think Audyssey goes to a higher level of sophistication.  It actually measures the speaker, the room acoustics, distance to the main listening position and then blends the entire speaker system together when they are playing at Reference Level at 82 db.

Regarding your sub's setting of -5 db that is where Audyssey puts it so when played at Reference Level 82 db it has the correct balance with the rest of your settings.  Many Audyssey users boost the sub volume because PERCEIVED bass is lower than ACTUAL bass.  I use the measured settings but if you boosted the bass because it was more to your liking that is a commonly accepted practice and doesn't hurt anything.

3 hours ago, angelluisg said:

@HenrikTJ thanks .. I saw video thanks .. I bought SVS PB-1000 and keep Klipsch r-110sw". and klipsch RP 504c ..awesome sound..dialogue is so clear..wow.. one question .. my audyssey put my crossover front 80 , center channel 40, surround 80, surround back 90 and DOLBY Atmos 80 ..what do you think? always people said 80 all ? and tones -9.5 db and -5 db subwoofer..correct o any suggestion?

@Pete H thanks you wright.. center channel..

@wvu80 thanks for your help..

@willland thanks for your help..

Home theater 7.2.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RF-42II

Center RP 504C

Subwoofer klipsch R-110 SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA 

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet)

Yep, 80hz is the THX standard and have become the "go to" hz for speakers, but it isn't always correct. No room correction software is perfect. Fronts, center and surrounds (side and back) are conventionally set to anywhere from 60-80hz. Do the same hz for all ear-level speakers. Height channels are usually set to anywhere from 80hz to 110hz. If Audyssey set heights to 80hz, then thats just fine. Sub needs to be set to 120hz. 

All that about "manual speaker level test tone" and "channel level adjust" is purely subjective. However, it is usual to up the center db lvl after doing room correction. I myself added 2.5db to fronts and 7db with center. That might work for you, but can't guarantee anything. At this point, you'll just have to experiment.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@wvu80

@HenrikTJ

@Pete H

@willland

@Emile

hi !!! thanks for all advices ...help too much ..this is may new configuration ..and want ask something?

questions ? How can I have a Dolby atmos sound, more immersive ... with what I have .. 

I enjoy watching movies, and with better sound better. my question is ? How can I hear those low and small sounds that sound loud and clear? if what I have or what else I need?

in audyssey calibration I put the crossover center 40HZ, front 60hz, surround 90hz, surround back 80HZ, dolby atmos 80HZ, and subwoofer both 120HZ .. (I read 80hz all) I want opinions ..

and tone center - 9.5 DB, front - 6.5 db, surround -5.0 db, dolby Atmos - 3.0 db .. lowering the tone (+ or -) db increases the volume, this could affect the quality of the sound?

Home theater 7.2.2 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RF-42 II

Center RP 504C

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA 

Emotiva BasX A-700 (only 5 channels used, center, front left, front right , Dolby Atmos left and right )

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, angelluisg said:

n audyssey calibration I put the crossover center 40HZ, front 60hz, surround 90hz, surround back 80HZ, dolby atmos 80HZ, and subwoofer both 120HZ .. (I read 80hz all) I want opinions ..

My opinion is that any auto calibration is a starting point and then you're adjusting to your preferences using some reference that you are very familiar with.  In your case, it would be one of your favorite movies with a sound track that will push your setup so that you can adjust those crossover points and volumes.  I've never run any audyssey and thought "that's fantastic", more like it was providing a decent base to adjust from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angelluisg said:

How can I have a Dolby atmos sound, more immersive ... with what I have .. 

@Pete H directly upstream ^^^ had excellent advice.  I'll diverge slightly from Pete in terms of analysis because I want to talk about your equipment.

Your Marantz 7012 is excellent.  Your Emo external amp gives you all the power channels that you need. 

Disclaimer, I am not an Atmos guy and I don't run Atmos with my Marantz 6011, just 5.1.

Most of what I've read about Atmos from those who run it will say that four Atmos modules is far superior to a pair.  My suggestion would be to try 7.2.4 since all you will need is a couple of Atmos modules.  Re-run Audyssey and see how you like that configuration.

++

I don't want to talk about too many variables and I can see you've standardized to 4" woofers all around.  I think you would hear a dramatic increase in sound quality if you went with a larger L/C/R.  If you could only upgrade one thing I would suggest finding an RC-64 I, II or III.  Don't worry about timbre matching, the larger clear center will lift the entire listening experience, especially with that 7012.

Ninety percent of TV/movies is dialog, and 90% of dialog comes out of the center speaker.  By far it would give you the single biggest improvement with your system.

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

Marantz 6011 bottom left.  RF-83, RP-600M paired together via bi-amp.  RC-64 III in the middle.  For perspective Vizio PQ65.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

@Pete H directly upstream ^^^ had excellent advice.  I'll diverge slightly from Pete in terms of analysis because I want to talk about your equipment.

Your Marantz 7012 is excellent.  Your Emo external amp gives you all the power channels that you need. 

Disclaimer, I am not an Atmos guy and I don't run Atmos with my Marantz 6011, just 5.1.

Most of what I've read about Atmos from those who run it will say that four Atmos modules is far superior to a pair.  My suggestion would be to try 7.2.4 since all you will need is a couple of Atmos modules.  Re-run Audyssey and see how you like that configuration.

++

I don't want to talk about too many variables and I can see you've standardized to 4" woofers all around.  I think you would hear a dramatic increase in sound quality if you went with a larger L/C/R.  If you could only upgrade one thing I would suggest finding an RC-64 I, II or III.  Don't worry about timbre matching, the larger clear center will lift the entire listening experience, especially with that 7012.

Ninety percent of TV/movies is dialog, and 90% of dialog comes out of the center speaker.  By far it would give you the single biggest improvement with your system.

591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

Marantz 6011 bottom left.  RF-83, RP-600M paired together via bi-amp.  RC-64 III in the middle.  For perspective Vizio PQ65.

Keep in mind (as you probably know). All 90% you speak of goes into your R/L running a phantom center. Speakers that close like that pic don't need a center. The 64 is a beast and I'm sure the performance is great. But the money on a budget can be used on better things imho (not saying its a mistake or wrong mind you). Blindfolded no one in that set up would know there was no center. 

Granted your rf83 are different speakers from a rc-64iii (different in everything really). So a phantom center would sound different. But if you had say a 3rd rf83 in the middle imo that close together 2 83s would have really close the performance as 3 (set up like in that pic). 

A center channel speaker becomes the most important speaker in a HT only if you have one. Room and set up decide if one is needed. Ive ran rb52/rc52, rf62/c52,rf62/rc62,rf82/rc62,rf82/rc64ii,rf7/rc64ii,kpt-904x3 in a ht (and many other before those).

And Ive worked with phantom centers running a heritage 2 cornwall/heresy 4.1 and 2 904/heresys 4.0 and now 2 La Scala/heresys 4.1. Admittedly in the beginning it was just a matter of space. I had no way of running a matching center between my corns. But through this problem I was opened up to the realization that a phantom center was no different then listening to 2ch music how the singing is always in the middle. No different running a phantom. That 90% of channel info is right square in the middle where it would be with a center speaker. 

I know this is rocking the boat a little. Because most people on this forum (and every ht/forum) have centers (as posted above I've owned many myself!). But in small rooms with L/R speakers close together. Unless your paring the L/R with something as good its a down grade and even if its as good/same its debatable if its even much an improvement. 

Of course all this is depending on things (room, seating potions, distance of L/R and speakers used). So my opinion on centers is a case to case thing. And theres definitely  nothing wrong with overkill (I'm personally a big fan of it 😁)

PS. wuv80 (I know you know your sh.t) I know you know all or almost all this so my post isn't really directed at you. Im just using your post and pic as an example. If I had rf83s you know id almost certainly have a 64 somewhere in that room too (probably with the tv on top like you👍). Just wouldn't be what id recommend if someone had 83s in your pic no 64 but still needed subs as an example.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

PS. wuv80 (I know you know your sh.t) I know you know all or almost all this so my post isn't really directed at you. Im just using your post and pic as an example.

You know your stuff as well and I think the best we can do as a group is present all sides and philosophies, then let the reader decide for himself what makes the most sense to him in his house, with his stuff.

I've never tried to specifically run a phantom center but I have had stereo speakers that have such great imaging that I would swear there was a speaker in the middle creating that center sound.  It's so real, it's eerie.

7 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

A center channel speaker becomes the most important speaker in a HT only if you have one.

Logical.  :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

You know your stuff as well and I think the best we can do as a group is present all sides and philosophies, then let the reader decide for himself what makes the most sense to him in his house, with his stuff.

I've never tried to specifically run a phantom center but I have had stereo speakers that have such great imaging that I would swear there was a speaker in the middle creating that center sound.  It's so real, it's eerie.

Logical.  :lol:

Agreed 👍

• Like 2