I BROKE one of my Heresy speakers!

I was TRYING to replace the speaker connection posts as one was very loose in the hole in the cabinet! Falling OUT loose! Electrically fine, but...

So I decided to replace the speaker terminal posts, first with a stainless machine screw system I designed, then I got a hard plastic 3" diameter into cabinet 3" hole, neither would produce any BASS at all, but tweeter and squawker worked fine!! All wires are connected to drivers and crossovers securely physically.

I'm at a loss! I guess Alpha Tech gets another job from me Monday! 😞 I can break anything! 😞

John Kuthe...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Congratulations.

It's was working fine. Hold my beer & watch me fix it...

I didn't DO anything with any of the drivers or the crossover, just the two leads from the crossover to the speaker terminals.

I'll PAY Alpha Tech to fix my boo boo, whatever it was. 😞 I give up! :-)

John  Kuthe...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, avguytx said:

And I take it you can't post a picture of it? Sounds like a phasing issue almost. What about playing one at a time? Or reverse the +/- on one speaker and see what happens.

Why? It SHOULD NOT BE THAT COMPLEX!! Screw it! I do NOT have the time or mind to mess with stuff which makes NO SENSE! I have enough MONEY to let others worry about it for me! And Alpha Tech is a great shop! I've done a lot of great business with them! I even BOUGHT my McIntosh MC2105 amp from them! It was sitting out in from once when I went in for something and I REMEMBER seeing those on a Grateful Dead Movie where they drew the curtain and the stage had STACKS of them for their concert, I think they were MC2105s!

I think Bob Heil got them for the Dead in a St Louis show! Bob Heil's a well known audio whiz

John Kuthe...

1 hour ago, JohnKuthe said:

Why? It SHOULD NOT BE THAT COMPLEX!! Screw it! I do NOT have the time or mind to mess with stuff which makes NO SENSE! I have enough MONEY to let others worry about it for me! And Alpha Tech is a great shop! I've done a lot of great business with them! I even BOUGHT my McIntosh MC2105 amp from them! It was sitting out in from once when I went in for something and I REMEMBER seeing those on a Grateful Dead Movie where they drew the curtain and the stage had STACKS of them for their concert, I think they were MC2105s!

I think Bob Heil got them for the Dead in a St Louis show! Bob Heil's a well known audio whiz

John Kuthe...

Maybe Bob can help with the Heresy problem?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cinema_head said:

Screw all that!!

I took my Heresy into Alpha Tech TODAY for repair!! Must've had a component GO OUT on me while I was trying to change out the Speaker Terminals!! :-) Oh well, Alpha Tech will find the problem and FIX IT!!

Then once again, I will have two La Scalas and two Heresys in MY LISTENING ROOM! And they will ROCK!

John Kuthe...

3 hours ago, babadono said:

I don't really understand fully what the problem is but yea your right.....a wire and a terminal for said wire IS NOT THAT COMPLEX:)

Just another synchronous yet unrelated problem occuring!

And there are two wires, red and black that go from the terminal posts to the crossover. It's NOT rocket science! About as technically complex as changing a battery!

John Kuthe...

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Rookie.

Better than NO La Scalas and NO Heresies! 😉

And they are driven with a McIntosh MX113 preamp/tuner and a McIntosh MC2105 power amp! NOT SHABBY!

There is ALWAYS some better audio system than yours. Always!! But there are also a lot WORSE! Audiophile's CURSE! 😉

John Kuthe...

1 hour ago, JohnKuthe said:

Better than NO La Scalas and NO Heresies! 😉

And they are driven with a McIntosh MX113 preamp/tuner and a McIntosh MC2105 power amp! NOT SHABBY!

There is ALWAYS some better audio system than yours. Always!! But there are also a lot WORSE! Audiophile's CURSE! 😉

John Kuthe...

Rookie.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Rookie.

Audiophile from Childhood!

My father had a manual turntable with as Pickering cartridge feeding a McIntosh TUBE MONO preamp into a 20W McIntosh MONO TUBE power amp into a 15" Altec Lansing studio monitor speaker! And that's the fine MONO audio system I failed to grow up near!

Hell of a RECORD PLAYER, eh?

John Kuthe...