Looking for a sub to match my KLF 20s suggestions?

wnabphil78@gmail

4 hours ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

I ended up getting a paradigm servo 15 v1, just missing the external control for the phase, will post to see if anyone has one for sale, Thanks Tom

Great sub, I owned twins a few years back.

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

Great sub, I owned twins a few years back.

Bill

Hi Bill, Maybe you can help me. I have a Yamaha AS701 integrated amp and I am just using my sub out to the sub in with a cable. I don't have the X30. My question is this ok to do? It sounds decent but cant control the phase or the Xover but my amp is set up for 80 hz on the sub out. Thanks for your help, Tom

1 hour ago, wnabphil78@gmail said:

Hi Bill, Maybe you can help me. I have a Yamaha AS701 integrated amp and I am just using my sub out to the sub in with a cable. I don't have the X30. My question is this ok to do? It sounds decent but cant control the phase or the Xover but my amp is set up for 80 hz on the sub out. Thanks for your help, Tom

You can but no bass management at all.  Full signal from sub preout unless I am missing something.  Maybe do a little more research to see if the Yamaha has a built in low pass filter, which I doubt.  I would not worry too much about the phase unless the sub is in a location that is not on the same plane/distance as your mains. 

Some of the members on this forum have used another item for their DIY sub projects so maybe one of them will chime in.

Bill

• Like 1