KG 4.5 Sealing Help

armathius

Klipsch heroes,

Need some help sealing my speakers.  During some playing around in the HT forums, I discovered the back of one of my KG 4.5's vibrates/rattles at higher volume or bass.  dtel recommended I post this here.  I need to know the best way to fix/seal it. What type of glue to use, where to glue, and any advice someone more experienced may have for me. 

Also... I was able to get a pair of Synergy F3s for $80.  Haven't really seen much conversation on them... or much caparisons of the against the KG 4.5.  I did side by side and I think the F3 sounded better, but that might just mean my KG 4.5s need some TLC.

Thank you! 

Edited by armathius
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Not sure if this is the best way to repair, but it worked well on a pair of KG 5.5s. Your 4.5s should be a similar fix.

This is perfect actually.  Any specific gorilla glue?  Just don't want any "Oh no, you did what?!?!" moments. LOL

5 minutes ago, Emile said:

Forte III's for $80??? You STOLE those :D 

Unfortunately they are Synergy F3s.  If they were Forte's, I would have lost my mind and posted 1,000 pics.  I edited the main post to remove any confusion :).  Maybe your post is a good omen and I will find a cheap set of Forte III.

Edited by armathius
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, armathius said:

Any specific gorilla glue?  Just don't want any "Oh no, you did what?!?!" moments. LOL

I know what you mean!

Original gorilla if I remember right. I've read about others who have used Loctite PL Premium construction adhesive with good results. Whatever you feel better using.

just the standard gorilla glue works great.  follw instructions on the bottle... you spray a light mist of water in the seams before applying it.  i would also sand with some coarse sand paper first to roughen up the surfaces & cut away any residual factory glue.  

they also make a glue specific for melamite (sp) surfaces which klipsch used on these KG & KLF's, but the GG or PL construction adhesive worked great on KG's ive repaired if you prep & apply it right. 

best of luck with teh repair