The Klipsch Audio Community
Schu

OT horn or THTLP?

47 minutes ago, Schu said:

He doesn't list a thtlp... I've never heard it reffered to except on this forum. He does have a t45 but it doesn't look the same.

T45.jpg

On the lower part of the THT page it lists the Tuba low profile version hence the THTLP and there are 2 versions, end firing and front firing. All work the same, choose witch version that fits your space best.

• Like 2

I will gently throw out a reminder that the plans are reasonably priced and by purchasing them you agree not to share them. It is sale of the plans that keeps Bill Fitzmaurice developing new designs.

Please purchase a set of plans if you choose to build the Tuba.

No, I’m not the BFM whatever that is.

• Like 2

He needs money to develop designs?

Ideas are free...

The offer made in this thread to share copyright protected material in violation of Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) has been reported to Scott Dillon General Counsel Klipsch Group, Inc.

2 hours ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

The offer made in this thread to share copyright protected material in violation of Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) has been reported to Scott Dillon General Counsel Klipsch Group, Inc.

I'm no lawyer, but intent to offer is quite different than actually sharing.

Just now, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm no lawyer, but intent to offer is quite different than actually sharing.

Correct, no one has shared anything to the best of my knowledge.

And one must prove that copyrighted material was shared in order to have any sort of DMCA claim.

Hey Carl, send me a copy of every piece of music you own borrow in perpetuity until the Labels decide otherwise.

Hey Carl, send me a copy of every piece of music you own borrow in perpetuity until the Labels decide otherwise.

But what if some low life POS decides to tell on me?  Will I get in trouble? 

All you really had to do Bill, and Jason by proxy, was come here and remind folk that you've put a ton of blood, sweat, and tears into your designs and all it takes is $15-30 dollars to purchase a plan and support your continued efforts. But to come in here swinging dick about flimsy copyright claims for assumed violations, and not actually provable? Bad form.

Also, I'm not seeing anything in that hot mess of a website to indicate the people are purchasing a licensed plan, governed by a terms of service which would prohibit sharing them. So there's that - please share a link if it's there and just hard to find.

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Also, I'm not seeing anything in that hot mess of a website to indicate the people are purchasing a licensed plan, governed by a terms of service which would prohibit sharing them. So there's that - please share a link if it's there and just hard to find.

I think I read it after I bought a set (actually bought 2) but you're right, if it's on the site it's hard to find.

all the individual plan pages just have this at the bottom..

image.thumb.png.9b8ab30cfe4c60b92b5a7ceab9251823.png

Like I said, I think it's stated in the plans but it's been several years since I looked at mine.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Like I said, I think it's stated in the plans but it's been several years since I looked at mine.

If Bill and his cronies are going to track down random forum posts and alert senior executive staff at large corporations for false DMCA violations, he should have the TOS clearly articulated on his website for reference.

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

All you really had to do Bill, and Jason by proxy, was come here and remind folk that you've put a ton of blood, sweat, and tears into your designs and all it takes is $15-30 dollars to purchase a plan and support your continued efforts. But to come in here swinging dick about flimsy copyright claims for assumed violations, and not actually provable? Bad form.

Sad assumption, i come here to help and learn.

I recommend Bill's products because they work just as i recommend Klipsch where i can.

7 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm a sad, sad assumin' fellow.

At least you admit it now leave me out of your games.

No? I'd love to hear your theory about how BFM always manages to find these threads, in which you also participate, without an active account or forum presence. I mean, he had to create a new account just to post his weak legal threat, so clearly he's not haunting the subwoofer section on a daily basis and had to be tipped off by ... someone.